Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Giant Wall ride for reno

Recommended Posts

And I get to ride the track before the pros and the NASMOTO dudes

Are you doing that deal again where you ride around on a tricycle in a clown suit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you doing that deal again where you ride around on a tricycle in a clown suit?

No.....He is actually doing it naked......It is his "Monkey on a tricycle" routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where are we going with all this riding on walls,

huge jumps, like X games, the bridges, and tunnels ?

What is next, loop de loops, jumping from one building

to another though a huge flaming ring of fire? Is this

all to challange the riders, or just made for TV hype?

Maybe there is a place for a dedicated SM track that

builds its on its own reputation as a great racing venue.

Seems that some types of racing have had some

success promoting the track like NASCAR. Still I can't

wait to go. :banghead::applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So where are we going with all this riding on walls,

huge jumps, like X games, the bridges, and tunnels ?

What is next, loop de loops, jumping from one building

to another though a huge flaming ring of fire? Is this

all to challange the riders, or just made for TV hype?

Maybe there is a place for a dedicated SM track that

builds its on its own reputation as a great racing venue.

Seems that some types of racing have had some

success promoting the track like NASCAR. Still I can't

wait to go. :banghead::applause:

I'm starting to feel the same way. Once all the tricks, and 'golly-gee-wizz' factors are used up, all we'll be left with is the racing. If there is anything left to race on. Pit stops, wall rides, blah. Give them a track, some corners and a few managable jumps and let them RACE! If I wanted to watch trick riding I'd watch stunters and freeriders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a lot of people want supermoto to be roadracing on dirt bikes but I like the sound of the "wall" already. I think supermoto should remain 60%-80% (depending on the track) pavement roadrace but as far as the other 20%-40% goes then I say it's fair game to use whatever surroundings you have at that given location as long as it isn't dangerous to riders or spectators.

I'm still waiting for an urban street course that uses a big outdoor flight of stairs (City Hall, courthouse, etc.) as a downhill. When I'm riding my MTB around on the street and come across a flight of stairs I make it a point of riding down so why not on a supermoto bike as well? I think we should encourage fun, not outlaw it. I'll let you know if I survive the "wall" and what it is like when I get home from Reno. :banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...