Sign in to follow this  

Rims??!

im having a hard time finding a place to order a set of WHEELS & TIRES (sounds silly - i know) - any suggestions?

drj

Are your wheels bad for some reason? A wheel is an expensive thing, thats why I ask and it has to be assembled by someone skilled, if you aren't going to do the work. But as far as I know these bikes just have a normal 21x1.60 inch front and 18x2.15 rear.

Look at the prices...

$119 for the front rim.

$123 for the rear rim.

$72 for front spokes/nipples.

$68 for rear spokes/nipples.

Then there is hub$ bearings seals, ASSEMBLY...

Or buy these complete wheels,

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/White_Brothers_2005/default.asp?p2=184&s=1&p=184

$$$$$

Then tires are about $60-$80 a piece..

Anyway, I got these prices from the store here at thumpertalk. Go to the store type in excel and sccroll down, and check it out.

be more specific on what you want.

do you want to a second set of complete wheels?

do you want to reuse your hubs?

how much money do you want to spend?

Motosport Outlet has decently priced wheel and spoke kits and Rocky Mountain ATV has cheap bike tires and tubes, but also check out the Thumper Talk Store.

i would definitely like a second set - and id like to BLACKhubs/BLACKspokes/BLACKrims...

eventually - the plan (once the bike is street legal) is to have a 'road set' and an 'off road set'...

drj

it sounds like i shouldnt try to build them myself - although i AM mechanically inclined - i just found out the "wheel truing" stand is ANOTHER $500...and that might be going a bit far for me.

Would XR 250 wheels interchange? If so a salvage yard may be the way to go, if your'e not too picky on looks.

i cant seem to get my sig to stick...but in the mean time...

shes an '00 XR400r...shes basically bone stock (rejetted/loop kit...basically thats it)

im lookin' to go BLACK wheels/spokes/hubs

...and whats this TT store price guarantee...hmmmmmm?

thanks MAR

drj

ps - i just got my sig werkin'.

d'oh.

drj what bike are u lokking 4? i got a set of 99 xr250r rims with dual sport tires on and extra off road tires.....im just not shure if i should sell them. i just motarded my bike so i dont know the next time i will b goin offradin

im shoppin' for an XR400r...i think MAR may have given me an excellent alternative to my rims debalce...

thanks for the offer though.

drj