Sign in to follow this  

2000 TE610 noisy top end

Hello All,

any ideas before I strip this TE down?

It died tonight as I slowed down , I only bought it last week and it had had a service including a carb kit and was running really well.

It will start on choke but is really lumpy and sound loud at the top end now.........sounds like a valve might have popped a spring or similar

Is this a common fault for a 2000 610 Electric start model ?

thanks for you time and I look forward to being a part of this site now I have managed to find it

Andy

U.K.

Easy to look at the valve train. Pull the valve cover and hit the start button or push the kick started with your hand and watch all the parts closely for correct operation. Check your valve clearance while you're in there.

Check it and report back.

took your excellent advice and removed the tappet viewers and all it is is a loosened exhaust valve tappet locknut,

Can anyone please give me the gap sizes for the exhaust and inlet valves for a TE610E 2000

many thanks

Andy

.004 intake, .006 exhaust. I set mine a tad looser than that to be on the safe side.

thanks for the advice, what a big job taking several hours just to set the tappets !! anyhow one exhaust was completely backed off !!! The other three weren't even very tight and inlets were at 0.15 and not 0.05 ! all now done and it runs again.......

thanks thanks thanks

Andy