Sign in to follow this  

wat the heck is wrong with my throttle?

My friggin throttle is pissin me off. it is so hard to turn and on top of that wen i ride it in the rain or it gets wet it gets even harder to turn. :applause: i have had it with my stupid throttle. :banghead:

You might need to lube/replace the cables, or, if you have them, try messing around with the bark-busters where they screw into the handle bar end.

I just looked in your garage at the picture of your bike and if thats the picture of it then thats an XR200. Its way to small to be a 250 and you can tell from the plastics and frame that its a 200.

OK, before you something drastic lets look at this problem. I know this will be simplistic but it is easier that way.

take the seat and tank off

look at how the cables are routed from the carb to the throttle

make sure nothing is kinked or pinched

take the throttle off of the bars

can you twist the throttle with it off of the bars OK?

if you can you might have dirt/gunk under the throttle tube or

junk in the housing

take it completely apart and clean it

put it back together, does it work now?

if so put it back on the bars and make sure you don't put it

on too far on the bars as it will bind

now if you can't twist it off of the bars take it apart, can you

pull the cable with some pliers?

if not take the other end off of the carb, can you twist the throttle

wheel by hand? if so you have a bad cable, replace it.

This should get you going.

I just looked in your garage at the picture of your bike and if thats the picture of it then thats an XR200. Its way to small to be a 250 and you can tell from the plastics and frame that its a 200.

It's definitely a frankenbike but that's not an XR200. That's a 250 right engine case and disk brakes front and rear.

I had the same problem and i fixed it in two seconds. Just look where the cables attach to the throttle mechanism. There are two bolts/ nuts, just turn both of them all the way in and that throttle will snap back quicker then ever. Good Luck!

-------------

1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier

plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter,white brothers e-series, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90- Totally stock and she still rips!

2004 Honda Rancher

1988 Yamaha Xt350- A long way from being stock

Im not too sure you are correct. It looks like those are dual headers and i have that same exact kind of bends in my 250.

-------------

1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier

plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter,white brothers e-series, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90- Totally stock and she still rips!

2004 Honda Rancher

1988 Yamaha Xt350- A long way from being stock

It's definitely a frankenbike but that's not an XR200. That's a 250 right engine case and disk brakes front and rear.

I didnt notice that at first,hmmmmmmmm thats a wierd bike. :banghead:

Thanx guys! but as far as the bike goes its a 250, on the side of the engine block it says"249cm" so im goin out on a limb now but im goin say its a 250. Franken bike wats thats supposed to mean?

Frankenbike as in Frankenstein. Put together from other dead XR250s.

No disrespect intended and probably overstated on my part for just having a newer model gas tank.

My bad.