KLX's gone next year?

I heard that the KLX line is gone for next season? Is that right? I have a klx 250 and wanted to get a 300 but none of the dealers have any left!

Are they coming out with something similiar to the WR or CRF? If so, has anybody heard anything about them?

Sorry if it is 'old' news, but it was new to me :banghead:

I heard that the KLX line is gone for next season? Is that right? I have a klx 250 and wanted to get a 300 but none of the dealers have any left!

Are they coming out with something similiar to the WR or CRF? If so, has anybody heard anything about them?

Sorry if it is 'old' news, but it was new to me :banghead:

I believe it's the KLR 250 dual sport here in the states that's discontinued...not the KLX 300.

Sangair

I have heard from my local Kawi dealer that Kawasaki is working on some new and innovating stuff. He would not give specific details, but it sounds like they are making a big push at the dirt market. :banghead: I don't no if this is just a bunch of hype or not, but he's got me curious anyway. It would be cool to see something really change on the KLX. if they continue to make it.

Not that it isn't a great bike just the way it is. :applause:

Surely they will built a KXF with electric start to compete with the WR250F & the CRF250X, Maybe calling it the KLX or KDX250F/450F.... There is a huge market for electric start enduro machines. I don't know why they take so long to do this, It can't be that hard to add an electric button etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard from my local Kawi dealer that Kawasaki is working on some new and innovating stuff. He would not give specific details, but it sounds like they are making a big push at the dirt market. :banghead: I don't no if this is just a bunch of hype or not, but he's got me curious anyway. It would be cool to see something really change on the KLX. if they continue to make it.

Not that it isn't a great bike just the way it is. :banghead:

Yeah, they seem to be great value bikes, here in Oz we have the klx250 dual sport over here. One nice guy i know (who has been a dealer of kwaks, yams handas) said that the klx250 dual sports are extremely reliable - and not far behind the xrs...and in my view thats a big statement. Im looking at getting one of these bikes sometime next year, but i cant find any hp specs on them. I would have thought that they would put out decent power seeing that they are water-cooled (and only 41cc less than the klx300's)...the kwak dealer says that they they will be quite a bit less than the wr's and crf 250's but he reckons still more than 30hp.

Cheers!

Felix

Surely they will built a KXF with electric start to compete with the WR250F & the CRF250X, Maybe calling it the KLX or KDX250F/450F.... There is a huge market for electric start enduro machines. I don't know why they take so long to do this, It can't be that hard to add an electric button etc.

They should be road registerable too, personally i dont think that e-start is that great - its only a luxury, my current bike has e-start but no kick as back up which worries me, dosn't take much to flatten the bat.

cheers again,

Felix

the kwak dealer says that they they will be quite a bit less than the wr's and crf 250's but he reckons still more than 30hp.

Cheers!

Felix

Felix, is that _dealer_ horsepower?? :banghead::banghead:? There's no way a KLX250 will come close to 30hp in stock form unless Kawi has changed MAJOR things about the bike - and from all reports, it looks like a normal re-badged KLX. Sorry....

Felix, is that _dealer_ horsepower?? :banghead::banghead:? There's no way a KLX250 will come close to 30hp in stock form unless Kawi has changed MAJOR things about the bike - and from all reports, it looks like a normal re-badged KLX. Sorry....

Yeah know what you mean, but i'v seen three kawasaki sources that claim 29hp its probabaly the power from the crank rather then from the wheel too. (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.khi.co.jp/mcycle/model_eco/klx250/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dklx250%2Bps%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG)

Still might be bullshit though.

Cheers,

Felix

Visited my local Kwaka dealer here in Australia today to ask about the 2006 series. He doesn't have a date yet on their arrival but he has dropped prices on the KLX250R 2005 models to move as many as he can. Kawasaki are sweetening the deal by shipping all new owners a free kit with everything needed to convert these bikes to the 300cc version. Comparing the info on the 2006 models shown on the main website to the specs of the 2005 models, I can't see any difference at all. Still the same old Keihin CVK34 carbie and same old front shocks with no rebound dampening. Unless there is something I am missing, I am far better off buying one of these 2005 models with the free upgrade kit than waiting and paying more for a "new" model at a higher price.

When you consider that they have all the tooling to make electric leg 250's, it seems strange that in todays market they haven't put it on the 300's. I'd love mine if it had the magic button.

My guess is that the added weight would make it unattractive during specification comparisons with the WR250F and etc.. Actually the KLX300 is not far from the same weight as the WR250F... but it has the button.

I'd accept the tradeoff on those hot days when I'm exhausted and I dump my bike!!!