Sign in to follow this  

Let's keep Townley's MXDN performance in perspective...

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the 125 class on US tracks. He is fast allright, but it's a mistake to think that he'll just walk away with the championship. I think that Hepler and Alessi will be just as fast as he is. Actually, my pick for the 2006 125 champ is Villapoto. Check out these links:

Carmichael's moto 2 best lap at Glen Helen

Villapoto's best time

Villapoto's best lap in moto 2 was actually faster than Carmichael's. He even looks like Carmichael when he rides. Between Villapoto, Hepler, Townley, Alessi and Langston, next year's 125 series is going to be another good one.

Villapoto is a major talent. He needs some more time to develop against the pro's. I am really interested in watching how he will do in the SX series. I've watched him come through the amatuer ranks. He is much smoother than Carmichael ever was as an amatuer.

He will win championships, most likely down the road instead of next year.

Hepler needs to put it all together. I hope it will happen soon. I really like that guy, quiet, good worker, no BS!

Alessi will be on his best behavior with his new probation. He has super speed and will be a demon next year with a year of PRO racing under his belt.

I have high hopes for Townley. Practicing, living and training with Carmichael.....whew.....there will undoubtedly be some adjustment to the American styled tracks.

Langston.....what more needs to be said. The guy wins.....often. He is a champ.

Definately going to be a knock down, drag out year.

Villapoto is a major talent. He needs some more time to develop against the pro's. He will win championships, most likely down the road instead of next year.

Agreed. Great kid.🤣🤣:busted:

Hepler needs to put it all together. I hope it will happen soon. I really like that guy, quiet, good worker, no BS!.

Yeah, no BS. Just ask Andrew Short (Mt. Morris.) :busted:

Alessi will be on his best behavior with his new probation. He has super speed and will be a demon next year with a year of PRO racing under his belt.
:busted: Not sure about mikey. Hope he learns but thats what I thought last year.🤣
I have high hopes for Townley. Practicing, living and training with Carmichael.....whew.....there will undoubtedly be some adjustment to the American styled tracks. .

Should be interesting. :busted:

Langston.....what more needs to be said. The guy wins.....often. He is a champ. .

not champ, chump. Worlds fastest cherry picker. He should be racing with Ricky and KW but he is afraid to lose. Langston sucks. Why the AMA continues to let him race the lites is beyond me.🤣🤣🤣

Definately going to be a knock down, drag out year.
If they remove the cherry pickers it would be better. :banghead::applause:

(Just my opinion,,,, everyone has one.) :busted:

Helper, Townley, Alessi, Langston, Short, Grant, Villopoto, And Lawrence, this class is stacked. I probably forgot someone too.

You can't compare the lap times from Glen Helen. The track deteriorates badly from moto to moto. Carmichael was in the high 30's in practice and by the time the second moto rolled around they were turning 50's. Also Carmichael had it on cruise control while Villipoto was riding like a mad man to stay ahead of Langston. Langston seemed to reel him in fairly easily mid way through the second moto. Villipoto is definitely fast though top five consistently easily.

Lap Times flap times.

Remember the hype about Allessi and his debut at Millville. The talk was all about how his practice lap times were faster than RC. What happened on race day? He got spanked! The only thing these stats are good for is wiping your...

Ryan looks good and has tons of potential. I think you would be better off believing his hype than Allessis' (?). 125 class is only getting tighter!

Townley - Good race on an easy track. I am not writing him off, but I don't think he is the next Saviour either! The talent at the Nationals will be a lot stronger than he has faced before.

I saw him (Ben) at the Sugo (Japan) round on a much more technical and far rougher course. He had a good race, but nothing spectacular. His speed was comperable to everyone else, nothing more.

I think he would have a hard time making top 5 at Nationals. 7-8 is probably possible though. His best assest is his determination and desire to win. Some of nationals guys despite there speed and skill seem content to settle in and ride, not race!

Villapoto was fast but like he says he rides at Glen Helen every thursday. Kind of like John Dowd at Southwick. Hope he does well though. Townley may not always be te fastest, but he knows whaty it takes to be a champion. Remember that the fastest rider in the lites this mx season (Hepler IMO) Did not win the championship. When Langston won the championship for KTM I don't think he won an overall.

Nope. Langstone never put together an overall and won the championship I believe.

Anywho.. Personally, I think Townley will adapt to the tracks, and give the boys a run for the money. It's gonna be an awesome season.

He may show us some new ways to get around the track too. It has always fascinated me how much European riders stand up when they ride.

not champ, chump. Worlds fastest cherry picker. He should be racing with Ricky and KW but he is afraid to lose. Langston sucks. Why the AMA continues to let him race the lites is beyond me.🤣🤣🤣

If they remove the cherry pickers it would be better. :banghead::applause:

(Just my opinion,,,, everyone has one.) :busted:

The AMA rulebook allows it.

Say what you will, Langston IS fast.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, it is their rules..not mine, for sure.

I realize alot of people don't like Langston or Brown hanging around in the lites class. Until the rules change, it won't stop.

EVERYBODY looses to RC outdoors in the 250 class, don't know why they think they should be the exception.

I myself don't mind seeing the young up and comers running toe to toe with the older vet. riders.

I'm a vet rider myself and I ride an occasional 250 intermediate moto to see where I'm at against the incoming class.

I give em hell for about half the moto then slink away for my geritol and oxygen bottle.🤣🤣🤣:busted:

Lap Times flap times.

Remember the hype about Allessi and his debut at Millville. The talk was all about how his practice lap times were faster than RC. What happened on race day? He got spanked! The only thing these stats are good for is wiping your...

Ryan looks good and has tons of potential. I think you would be better off believing his hype than Allessis' (?). 125 class is only getting tighter!

Townley - Good race on an easy track. I am not writing him off, but I don't think he is the next Saviour either! The talent at the Nationals will be a lot stronger than he has faced before.

I saw him (Ben) at the Sugo (Japan) round on a much more technical and far rougher course. He had a good race, but nothing spectacular. His speed was comperable to everyone else, nothing more.

I think he would have a hard time making top 5 at Nationals. 7-8 is probably possible though. His best assest is his determination and desire to win. Some of nationals guys despite there speed and skill seem content to settle in and ride, not race!

how many US riders were at sugo ? I like how you can judge how he is going to do in the USA at a race in japan without any regular us national riders .Ben will be top 5 easy and closer to top 3 for my money

The AMA rulebook allows it.

Say what you will, Langston IS fast.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, it is their rules..not mine, for sure.

I realize alot of people don't like Langston or Brown hanging around in the lites class. Until the rules change, it won't stop.

EVERYBODY looses to RC outdoors in the 250 class, don't know why they think they should be the exception.

Langston is chicken shit. He ran and hid from Bubba, then when Bubba gets' hurt he reappears in the lites class. He is currently hiding from Chad, Ricky KW and Stewart. He could probably run close to their pace yet chooses to take the easy rout.

Real class act. :banghead::applause:🤣🤣

Langston is chicken shit. He ran and hid from Bubba, then when Bubba gets' hurt he reappears in the lites class. He is currently hiding from Chad, Ricky KW and Stewart. He could probably run close to their pace yet chooses to take the easy rout.

Real class act. :applause:🤣🤣🤣

i hear ya johnny [gidday , by the way ] but do you really think some of these guy's get to choose where they ride. the 125 class was probably the only ride langston could get. reed , burner, ando, even metcalfe and marmont , none of these guy's had raced 125's for a long time but had to drop back to get a chance in the usa . you can bet townley would rather go straight up with the big guy's but the same thing applies to him. langston , i can take him or leave him , i don't care . i just thought i'd offer up another angle on this cherry picking thing . check ya :banghead:

the lites..hmmm.. go villapoto and alessi. villapoto is the man because he seems to be coming in knowing he has speed but not talking about it. i hope alessi takes the title though next year. show everyone that it was horse#$@% that he got the rookie of the year yanked away...... total bs

hope townley makes things interesting, but refraining from comment until i see him go fast on a course that is rougher than the local freeway :banghead::applause:

i hear ya johnny [gidday , by the way ] but do you really think some of these guy's get to choose where they ride. the 125 class was probably the only ride langston could get. reed , burner, ando, even metcalfe and marmont , none of these guy's had raced 125's for a long time but had to drop back to get a chance in the usa . you can bet townley would rather go straight up with the big guy's but the same thing applies to him. langston , i can take him or leave him , i don't care . i just thought i'd offer up another angle on this cherry picking thing . check ya :banghead:

Yeah I kinda go past that angle I know they all have to make a living and that is where he will get paid the most. I think your brother summed it up best when he said the AMA needs to step in and do something about the high $$ paid in the lites class. So yeah, you do have a point. But I still can't stand the guy, I hope Townley (who seems to have class) hands him his ass!

🤣🤣🤣

(Oh, and top of the morning to ya!) :applause:

It's the Lites class. The 125 class stopped being the "introduction to the pros" class years ago.

The MX class IS the old Open/500 class.

The Lites class IS the old 250 class. 4-strokes but the HP is the same as the 70's-80's.

If the AMA wants a no champions class, they need a 125 2-stroke only class.

In reality, the AMA is running the old Open/250 classes. The 125 class is gone.

Cowpoo - how many US riders were at sugo ? I like how you can judge how he is going to do in the USA at a race in japan without any regular us national riders .Ben will be top 5 easy and closer to top 3 for my money

Cowpoo - Ben barley made 3rd place at GP. It took Pichon DNSs DNFs and Everts crashes for Ben to make 3rd place. Ben had 1 straight up win and 11 races without a poduim. He did have a good number of 3rd place finishes.

Now he is going to race the AMA Nationals where the competition is better, (it must be better than GP or why is he leaving??) and you excpect he will be top 3??? He barley made top 3 in GP!

Ben is going to have to be way more consistent than he was at GP if he is to make Top 5 at Nationals. (He had too many DNFs and or 5th or worse finishes.)

On top of that the 125 class is the tightest it has been in years! Sorry just too much talent, something has to give.

I am going to say he will make top 7 for sure, but to make top 5 he is going to need some help like another Alessi, Walker, Tedesco fiasco.

I do think he will make it interesting, but I don't see a Top 3 at the end of the season; especially in his first year.

Now - I am dying to hear why you think Ben is going to do so great? Please don't say because he had one good race, (forget that Windham had checked out then crashed), on a smooth non-technical track??

Cowpoo - Ben barley made 3rd place at GP. It took Pichon DNSs DNFs and Everts crashes for Ben to make 3rd place. Ben had 1 straight up win and 11 races without a poduim. He did have a good number of 3rd place finishes.

Now he is going to race the AMA Nationals where the competition is better, (it must be better than GP or why is he leaving??) and you excpect he will be top 3??? He barley made top 3 in GP!

Ben is going to have to be way more consistent than he was at GP if he is to make Top 5 at Nationals. (He had too many DNFs and or 5th or worse finishes.)

On top of that the 125 class is the tightest it has been in years! Sorry just too much talent, something has to give.

I am going to say he will make top 7 for sure, but to make top 5 he is going to need some help like another Alessi, Walker, Tedesco fiasco.

I do think he will make it interesting, but I don't see a Top 3 at the end of the season; especially in his first year.

Now - I am dying to hear why you think Ben is going to do so great? Please don't say because he had one good race, (forget that Windham had checked out then crashed), on a smooth non-technical track??

Did I miss something?

Townley won the GP's of Spain, Italy, France and England this year and made 9 podiums? Try looking at the actual results of the races before making up things to support your banter.