Sign in to follow this  

hotcams stage 3 update

just had the cam installed yesterday and all i have to say is HOLY SH!T . she rips now in the higher rpms. fourth gear almost fully cracked and she wants to stand up. what a difference! i cant wait to see what it will be like when the 440 kit goes in ! i definitely recommend one

i dont know how this compares to the stage 2. ive nevr had one. i know that there's a hell of alot more power in the top end now and thats what i wanted.

i find that it is still the same as before. if there was a loss, it was very small and unnoticeable. it definitely got rid of that flat spot that the XRs are known for in the highs. the combination of the cam, the iCAT, and the tunable exhaust is a serious recipe for wheelies.

its definitely worth the cash. i had to pay in cdn dollars and i still say its worth it. i remember the first ride i went on with it installed. holy shit! like night and day. it would rev to the moon and then some. the throttle response now is not comparable to the stock response. very snappy. the install took a whole 15 minutes. all in all, i dont think i will ride a bike without one again. buy it. ride on

I read the reveiws over on 4strokes.com about it and they said it felt like the added a big bore to it. They also claim it gives like a 2 or so mpg increase. So I guess that adds up to 4 more miles on a tank of gas. Doesnt sound like much but when you run out of gas 4 miles away from your truck it sure does feel good. If it was $50 less I would try it.

I read the reveiws over on 4strokes.com about it and they said it felt like the added a big bore to it. They also claim it gives like a 2 or so mpg increase. So I guess that adds up to 4 more miles on a tank of gas. Doesnt sound like much but when you run out of gas 4 miles away from your truck it sure does feel good. If it was $50 less I would try it.

Trust me, it is worth the money.....................I installed it on 2 different bikes and was totally amazed with the difference in performance........especially with the stock XR.

what did you pay fpr your exhaust? around $200 ? i have a Supertrapp IDS2 race series i bought for 350 cdn and the iCAT for 275 cdn. the performance gains i got out of the iCAT was way more than what i got out of the exhaust upgrade. i dotn think any exhaust upgrade could give anyone teh same performance as the iCAT can. if you were and are willing to put out 200-300 bucks for an exhaust, you should put out the cash for this. its great

From what I have read the ICAT is just simply a wire with a capacitor which makes a shorter spark time and more precise ignition timing. Instead of paying $200 for a little wire I'm thinking of getting a "Nology Hotwire" for $40. It does the same thing as the ICat but a lot cheaper.

http://www.nology.com/hot.html

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/projects/crf450/nology/

If you do get one of those Nology Hotwires, put a post up about the performance of the product. I am curious to hear how the bike runs with it installed.

hi there sorry to butt in like that but can i immediately upgrade to stage 2 from stock?

understands it uses all stock stuffs but do i need to get a shims kit as i fear they don have it locally.....

cheers

hi there sorry to butt in like that but can i immediately upgrade to stage 2 from stock?

understands it uses all stock stuffs but do i need to get a shims kit as i fear they don have it locally.....

cheers

Yes you can upgrade from stock. You might want to get a higher compression piston to gain low end torque that you will loose with a stg 2. The XR 400 does not use shims for adjusting valves so you dont have to worry about a shims kit.

Thank for the heads up Mike_Rides_Red

will definately go for the stage 1!!!

anyone knows where i can get 1 at a cheaper price?

cuz i guess the freight to singapore is a killer... :banghead:

Yes you can upgrade from stock. You might want to get a higher compression piston to gain low end torque that you will loose with a stg 2. The XR 400 does not use shims for adjusting valves so you dont have to worry about a shims kit.

Try ebay. I got bought one from there for $90.00