Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450x jetting

Want to readjust carb and/or re-jet to get rid of the popping. Sounds like these bikes (2005) run a little lean out of the box. I'm not interested in more power so I plan on using the stock exhaust. I just want it to run as cool as possible and run well.

Are these bike set up from the factory so lean it's harmful? Can I get away with tuning the existing jets to get a more rich run or should I get the JD kit and go that route? I live in So Cal so I ride from about 1200-5000 foot range. I don't plan on doing anything major as far as engine mods. Any input would be helpful. Thanks Mike

block off the air injection before trying to jet the bike.the air injection contributes greatly to the popping.

Thanks for you reply. If I could ask another stupid question. How do you block off the air injection?

Mike

blocking the smog will make it run 100% better!!! take the restrictor out of the exhaust also. that thing comes stock with a 142 main and i just put a jd kit in my scooter and the main was bumped up to a 165. Its nice now.

Thank You.

My bike is running great 100% stock except for a few pops on deceleration so no big deal. But I have just bought a JD Jetting kit and TwinAir Powerflow kit will they give me more ponies or should I leave a great running stock bike alone?