Sign in to follow this  

Bar Clutter on S model - Jimmy Button Renthals

I'm trying to shorten my bars substantially and I can only shorten the stock bars by about a half inch on each end before things get pushed too far into the bend of the bar. The switches hog up a lot of bar space and I don't need most of them...Just Hi/Lo beam, start and kill. Has anyone delt w/this issue? I'm willing to swap out the switches if there is a solution someone has had success with.

I've just installed 1" bar risers and that made me realize how important having the bars set up correctly is.

I'm 6'2 - would a set of Jimmy Button Renthals be a good thing on top of the 1" risers I already have? I like the improvement the bar risers made....Wheelies are even easier.

I have tried a number of different bars, and settled on a set of YZ80 bars (I believe they are). They work great and have room for everything and are around 28.5 inches long. They are taller then CR high bars and with less pull back, so you can get up on the tank. The bars felt strange for the first ride but was the best improvement I make to the bike in handling. I latter removed my Hi/lo switch because I never use it and needed a place to put my route sheet holder, I just wired the light on low.

It works for me, I dodge tree any way.

I've been wanting to hack at least a half inch off the ends off my Jimmy Buttons too.🤣 Try the Windham bend if you like less pullback. I'm 6'1" and have been considering more rise as well. Which risers did you install?

As far as clutter,I don't know about the switches but, you can relocate your ignition...do a search for ignition relocation, user wolf_child did a thread on it. You can ditch the bunny rabbit mirrors for Dual Stars, or mod it yourself like railroader and bayoubikebruiser. I kept one bunny ear and did railroaders mirror mod on the right side only. :applause: I felt like I couldn't see cars as good when they were coming up fast with the both convex mirrors. :banghead:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=7973

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=7976

j.button renthals bend in a crash ,go with a fat bar.i run cr hi protapers and they never bent.i use the uni kit witch raise the bars about an inch.i'm 6'1 and i can stand in comfort now :banghead:

To be honest I don't really know what I "like." I am picking up the tech-end of this sport as I go. I've got years on various off-road bikes but I've never until recently had anyone with some real skill to ride with.

I've only recently learned how important ergonomic adjustments can be on a dirt bike, particularly for someone my height/weight.