Sign in to follow this  

49er Enduro Cancelled

The 49er Enduro on Oct. 23rd at Elkins Flat has been cancelled :applause: Thank You to all the Polka Dots for your efforts :banghead: and lets hope it returns in 2006. You can get more info at www.ama-d36.org on the messege boards.

Kraig Traum

D36 Committeeman

CERA President

www.cera.org

Sounds like the Placerville Ranger District refused to issue a permit for this years event. I believe the Dots, D36, and the BRC are working to get an explanation from the Forest Service. The cancellation is definitely not due to any lack of effort on the Polka Dots part, those guys have been working hard to make the event happen. In my opinion it's just another example of the sorry assed management we get from the Eldorado National Forest's Placerville District, a district of rangers who refuse to put any effort into maintaining the Elkins Flat OHV area, and would probably like to see it go away. :banghead:

yeah heard it all at the club meeting tonight.

ofcourse now that the event was cancelled, you know the weather and riding conditions will be perfect that weekend.

I was a member of F-Troop and we put on a cross country race called Indian Gulch by Coulterville in the 80s, the race was a lot of fun to put on and we worked our asses off, using vacation time and all to make the race as good as it could be. Then the ranger management got involved and changed the dates/rain delays/too dry, we would have to call/write letters to the per entry people letting them know of the changes. It became too much and we turned it in to a Family Enduro because they were less restrictive. It became too much and we gave up. The Polka Dots need all the help them can get, of course they have Bob now, so the world is safe for now.

This was going to be my first Enduro! :applause:

Maybe I'll post up a TT-49er ride at Elkins that weekend. Get as many of us as we can, and I can put together a good 70+ mile ride or something like that. No timekeeping or checkpoints, but we can still ride. :banghead:

believe me this sheeet is beginning to bother me and I don't like being bothered.

come on out to the next public meeting of the Eldorado FS trail designation EIR process..in placerville. sometime in the fall not sure of the date I'll post. I'm very curious of what EIR alternates they will formulate, and wether they upgraded their Purpose and need statements from the public input last time. they want public input. I got some of that for em.

450X22 That Indian Gulch HS was one awsome event :banghead: I always liked the riders meeting, there was a man made bridge about 15 yards long, 2 telephone poles, 2x4 cross braces and chicken wire, at the riders meeting they said "if you fall in get to shore and we will atempt to get your bike out" Rode that 3 years in the early 80's on a 430 Husky, after crossing the river it would take a whole lap to get my brakes back, just in time to cross again. Your club did a great job :applause:

Kraig Traum

D36 Committeeman

CERA President

www.cera.org

Ol Dude sign me up for the 49er trailride and poker run...thats what we need up there is a good ol fashioned poker run. I'll bring the cards.

O ya and my condolences to the Polka Dots for all of their work down the drain. Big Bob next meeting tell Big Dan I said hello...

Big Dan and i rode Elkins together last saturday and cleared 4 downed trees too on the trails. he is lovin his new CRF-450X after riding that bus for years. I'll mention the huge howard netx time I see him

450X22 That Indian Gulch HS was one awsome event :banghead: I always liked the riders meeting, there was a man made bridge about 15 yards long, 2 telephone poles, 2x4 cross braces and chicken wire, at the riders meeting they said "if you fall in get to shore and we will atempt to get your bike out" Rode that 3 years in the early 80's on a 430 Husky, after crossing the river it would take a whole lap to get my brakes back, just in time to cross again. Your club did a great job :applause:

Kraig Traum

D36 Committeeman

CERA President

www.cera.org

Thanks, building that track was some of the most fun you can have. In those days the trails weren't numbered/mapped, so I would take about 4-5 crazies out there and we would make a couple new loops about 2 months before the race. We would ride the trails back to back dozens of times so I could tell the ranger, "Looks like those trails have been there forever." and keep the race interesting. We always did improvements to the landscape/staging area keeping it better than it was before. Did you ever go the bar in town the night before? Those parties were off the hook, and we still rode the next day without a camel pack, real men only need to apply.

Ol Dude sign me up for the 49er trailride and poker run...thats what we need up there is a good ol fashioned poker run. I'll bring the cards.

I was thinking the same thing, a TT 49er Poker Run! :banghead:

:applause: I know the area pretty well and could probably ribbon a pretty good course for a poker run. Probably have to keep it to 50 miles or less so no one has problems with gas, unless we routed it back through where we staged. Maybe I'll post something to see how much interest we can get. 🤣

I was thinking the same thing, a TT 49er Poker Run! :banghead:

:applause: I know the area pretty well and could probably ribbon a pretty good course for a poker run. Probably have to keep it to 50 miles or less so no one has problems with gas, unless we routed it back through where we staged. Maybe I'll post something to see how much interest we can get. 🤣

Make sure it is an UNOFFICIAL/UNORGANISED poker run so that the local officials don't get pissed off because you didn't get a permit from them.

Ride on

Brewster

Make sure it is an UNOFFICIAL/UNORGANISED poker run so that the local officials don't get pissed off because you didn't get a permit from them.

Ride on

Brewster

yep and i just learned you cant get paid as a trail guide unless your a licensed approved USFS guide?

so dont be a guide and have some guy give you a beer for being a guide.

we are all outlaw bikers living in the law so to speak

I'll ride the poker run oldedude. Sounds like a kick.

450X22,

Rode that race once on a YZ125. It was a hoot. You guys did an awesome job.

Ride on

Brewster

All of my rides are UNOFFICIAL/UNORGANISED. :banghead:

and all elkins rides are "No Gay" too :banghead: well at leasts the town of placerville likes to advertise as such in local car ralleys.

Can evryone who attends our fun ride donate between $10-$20 to the

D36 Lao Fund, Dave is working on this problem with Don Amador of the BRC.

If I attend I will bring some D36 raffle tickets for the KF250X we are raffling off, $5 a ticket and goes to a good cause.

www.ama-d36.org/Lao/kawasaki-raffle.html

Kraig Traum

D36 Committeeman

CERA President

www.cera.org