Sign in to follow this  

What should I upgrade next on my 04'?

I have a couple hundred bucks right now, and I feel like spending it on my CRF. Here's what I have now:

WC skid plate/engine guards

Fastway footpegs

Precision Concepts Suspension (my favorite)

asv levers

zip ty fuel screw

new chain/sprocket/graphics

Decal works num. plates (2nd favorite, they do some awesome work)

Alloy shifter

Red axle blocks (bling, meh)

I don't need much in the way of performance parts, the power is plenty for me as is since I recently moved up from a 02' 250F. BIG difference there. Anyways, keeping in mind what I already have, what else should I add?

EBC OVersized front rotor and a stainless steel brake line. Makes a huge difference in lever feel and stopping power.

you can only go as fast as you can stop. once I installed mine, it made it much easier to outbrake the competition into corners.

The best mod I made to my '04 was the addition of 20mm triple clamps. They really improve the bikes turning ability. Coupled w/your suspension work it will be a home run!

Hate to spoil the party but your should probably save for engine valves and springs, chances are you'll need them. I'm just going through this at 45 hours of runtime. I know there are people with lots more hours on theirs but eventually you will at least need new OEM valves and springs as well as piston. Also an aftermarket clutch basket as the stockers will notch. The 20mm clamp is a night and day improvement. Other than that allot money for tires, chains and sprockets.

Sounds like you've got the basics covered. Do you have WC radiator braces? You might take a look at the Flexx bars--if you get interested in them, try riding someone's bike that already has them on there so you can compare. I think they are great and worth every penny. You might think about getting a different front tire for different seasons. Tools? do you have the tools you need for this or that. You can try a thermometer dipstick if you want some functional bling.

http://www.xrsonly.com/html/temp_guage.html

Enjoy spending the money . . . :banghead: