Sign in to follow this  

Hey California Riders

I am buying a red sticker bike(My First). I know that I will be limited to riding at most of the parks in the restricted months. The question is can I not ride at all july to October? I will not be visiting the usual close places like carnegie and hollister where it is blistering hot. I would like to ride in the mountains. Please share any info. :banghead:

There's actually plenty of places, especially up in Northern California, that you can ride year round with a red sticker. Just put "California OHV" in Google and you can pull up the site that lists all the red sticker dates.

I'm also sure that somebody who knows alot more about this stuff will post a direct link to the site.

In addition to the year-round public places in NorCal, you can ride private land all year round. That includes private racetracks like Glen Helen, LACR, Piru, etc. Of course, being limited to private racetracks during the ban season may not be good for your health. :banghead:

As a generalization, if the smog from your motorcycle will float into a nearby city, that OHV park may be on the red sticker list.

Unless it is a private track, which means a lot of the MX tracks are open to you in the summer.

Go to the CA OHV website and check out the lists.

As long as I can still leagally ride somewhere in the summer I will be happy. My kids love their trail time but still are too small toride without me around so i don't want my bike to limit us all. Thanks for the info, Happy trails