Sign in to follow this  

TTR 150 No Power

I have installed the BBR150 kit. Which included the cam,26mm Carb, piston,cylinder and exhaust. I followed the instructions to a tee. For some reason it doesn't run any better than a stock one. I have switched carbs. Different jetting, switched the cams, reinstalled the stock exhaust. Tried retarding and advancing the cam. It just doesn't have anymore power. The compression is around 205lbs. Which a stocker is around 185. I'm totally lost on what to do. My daughter is not very happy either. :banghead:

the bbr kit dosnt do much honestly you will feel it on steep hills and in 5th gear maybe 1st geat creeping too you'll feel the torque i have a logan built 170 kit in mine and its garunteed to smoke a 250f course' i have to run race gas

Guaranteed to smoke a TTR250 or a 250f?

On a dyno or the track?

That seems really hard to believe... There is so much more to a 250f than just motor, and even then there is a whole hell of a lot of motor there too.

It's all in the rider buddy boy ! As some of you know, I too am running a Loganbuilt 170 motor and I can tell you this, whenever I take my boys bike over to my brother in laws place and ride on his track with him he cant seem to shake me ! and he is on a CRF 450, it always pisses him off. Next, don't knock something that you have never tried. And no I don't think it could beat a YZ 250F in a flat out drag thats a no brainer :banghead:. Also to let some of you big bore TTR riders know, Logan called me up the other day and wants me to test a new cam grind out for him, he says it will be alot more aggressive then BBR's grind and he has some heavy valve springs to try out with it. I will keep you folks posted on my findings. Also I am running VP C-12 race fuel. :applause:

Sorry Kevlaar, thats odd ! you should have noticed a nice little gain ? I did when we were running the BBR Taiwan kit. I really noticed a nice gain when I had Loganbuilt port polish & intake match the head. Thats weird because mini moto magazine said the same thing about Powroll's 150 kit "what happened to the big in the bore kit". But all in all you should have noticed a gain. Also I think some people are expecting huge gains from these 150 kits which you are not going to get.

cant we all just get along

im only 15 and i can see that ur arguement is as evil bob would put it retarted

ya know what who really cares whats better why dont yall just answere the guys original post. personally i agree with titoheadfaceman

i also have a bbr 150 kit in my ttr and my mom has a stock ttr it really isent a huge difference

and i wont be pessimsitic about the logan 170 kit just cause i dont have one. it probabally does rip but not as fast as a 250f in a drag race.

there i solved the arguement

yz440e is a miracle worker lol

ps as for the 1st post u should have noticed some gain

Please explain to me why I would be mad because I don't have "the logan built" in my bike when my bike is a practically brand new YZ450?

I guarantee that the Logan 170 motor will not mess with the YZ450 in any way. You'll get better gas milage than me but that's it and I don't have a problem paying for my gas.

If you want to be as fast as a YZ250f, buy a YZ250f.

I am not mad; I like my '06 YZ-250 (2-stroke, not 250F) and have no desire for the TT-R170. I like riding our TT-R125; but even with a hot motor I wouldn't push it too hard as the stock suspension and frame can get a bit scarey now on rough ground at speed with the stock motor.

kevlaar, My bike is a 160 powroll with agressive porting and oversize valves. I consider it to be about 16 HP. the bbr 150 is rated about 12hp. I noticed when I put on my bbr 150 that it was noticable but not the hit i really expected. When you start at 7hp you just have so far to go that its hard to be satisfied. You really should be able to notice a difference though. did you open up the airbox and use the bbr air filter? at least try to open up the intake somehow. another thing is you expect top speed to go up and it barely does, you also forget how dang weak it was stock. I think if you got on a stock one now you would be able to see a difference.

My ttr 160 should run right parallel to a loganbuilt.. they are both built by serious tuners but a yz 85 would smoke both of them. They still have about 4hp more and they are lighter!

all you haterz?? HAHA, i love it when threads turn into people fighting. while it can be quite annoying, it is funny because it's always little 14 year olds with ttr125's thinking they are the fastest person on that bike. great great stuff

Hey i'll have you know, i used to be like that, untill i got an 85 and realized how slow the TTR 125 actually is, even modded

the other day i rode my friends two fiddy ef and and scared myself crapless of the power

its good to know i have a few people that know what im talking about... ttrneil, hart, dlhamblin... its nothin against ttrs, i still love my brothers and will bust it out occasionally.

but please, if youve never ridden anything faster dont try to compare it, if i looked around at all these sights saying, "hey... put this pipe on your yz125, and it will pull a yz450 off the line" then id be an idiot. i was also thinking about modding my ttr125 with big bore kit, untill i rode my friends yz125 and realized that no matter what i ever did to the ttr it wouldn't be nearly as fast...

ill make you a deal, you find a yz85, drag race it, and show me some proof of you winning (video) and ill never post on this site again

Thankyou for anyone that has answered any of my questions. But I can't believe how much B.S. I had to sift through to finally find some one to talk about the post in question. If you guys want to pee all over each other do it on a different site. I rode a stock one then got on the 150 barely any difference at all. Not for what I have spent on the machine.

its good to know i have a few people that know what im talking about... ttrneil, hart, dlhamblin... its nothin against ttrs, i still love my brothers and will bust it out occasionally.

but please, if youve never ridden anything faster dont try to compare it, if i looked around at all these sights saying, "hey... put this pipe on your yz125, and it will pull a yz450 off the line" then id be an idiot. i was also thinking about modding my ttr125 with big bore kit, untill i rode my friends yz125 and realized that no matter what i ever did to the ttr it wouldn't be nearly as fast...

ill make you a deal, you find a yz85, drag race it, and show me some proof of you winning (video) and ill never post on this site again

With me on my '06 YZ-250, and my son on his TT-R125 I could literally run circles around him. Now that he has his 06 YZ-85 thats not the case. I think in a few weeks he will be running circles around me!

For any so-called race between the YZ and a modified TT-R the riders have to be equal if you want to compare bikes (not riders).

If you have someone on a YZ-85 that hasn't learned to keep the engine up in the power band the bike will NOT perform well. Keep it up in the power band and its impressive. Once we got the jetting and plug heat range dialed in it actually runs well enough down low to trail ride; but to rip you have to get the rpm's up.

My son WILL NOT ride the TT-R125 anymore; so its going on the for-sale block.

The real test would be for you to come down and race; then swap bikes and do it again. If the bike is that good it should win no matter who is on it.

As I have said in other threads I have no doubt Ricky Carmichael on a TT-R125 could likely beat me on my YZ-250; the rider is a BIG part of the equation.

But; he would REALLY smash me if he was on his RM250 or RMZ450 so the bike do play a part in it.

My son WILL NOT ride the TT-R125 anymore; so its going on the for-sale block.
lol...i wouldnt ride my ttr that much either if i had a 85 :banghead: id rather have a yz250f tho :applause:

lol...i wouldnt ride my ttr that much either if i had a 85 :banghead: id rather have a yz250f tho :applause:

He has outgrown the TT-R, but too short for the YZ-125/250F. The YZ-85 should do him for a couple more years till he is taller.

He has outgrown the TT-R, but too short for the YZ-125/250F. The YZ-85 should do him for a couple more years till he is taller.
im really thinkin of getin a yz250f this spring...but i want to keep my ttr for goofin off....ill probably miss it if i get rid of it??? do you pack up all your bikes and take them somewhere since you live in Cincinnati???just wonderin

im really thinkin of getin a yz250f this spring...but i want to keep my ttr for goofin off....ill probably miss it if i get rid of it??? do you pack up all your bikes and take them somewhere since you live in Cincinnati???just wonderin

We have enough land that we have a track, its part natural terrain MX type then goes through some woods so you get a little of both. Nothing reat but fun and convenient. We also ride sometimes at the Red Barn track in Batavia. Its fun for a change of pace.