Sign in to follow this  

Any 450X riders up from 250X

My 2004 250 X with full ccc mods except cam and revalved/resprung suspension needs some re-freshing since I've ridden it hard for 1.5 yrs. Instead of spending approximately $1,500 for a 270 kit, new valves, porting, suspension maintenance, etc. been thinking about selling the 250 and upgrading to a 450 X. I'm 5'8", 165lbs and ride 95% technical single track. Any thoughts?

i ride a 450X and race it on tracks. i know, i know im stupid so im told. but hey i do "okay" its just temp. until i get the 06 R, anyway. i rode the 250X and hated it! compared to my 450 the thing was nothing. the 450X is a much better bike. i do trails sometimes too. and the bike eats everything up, and at high speeds its just gets better. plus you can ride it at your local track and do EVERYTHING the MX bikes do.

I rode a buddys 250X all last year, I bought my 450X in April rode it all this year, the 250 you have to rev it to get the power out, the power on the 450 is right there. I could not tell the differance in weight if you are concerned about that don't be. My 450 turns and flicks just like the 250 did (after I bought a new front tire and did a little susp. ajustment). If your looking for power the 450 is the way to go, :banghead: