Sign in to follow this  

Did I mess up ?

Ok so yesterday I took apart the swingarm and greased all the bearings at the back with some waterproof grease. There were some grease left but I never thought of removing it before adding the new grease, only afterwards I'm reading posts about people removing all the old grease before greasing the bearings up. Do you guys think I should redo the whole exercise ? To be honest there were not alot of grease on the bearings but I made sure about adding enough waterproof grease :banghead:

The old grease is usually removed and the parts cleaned to remove any residual bits of debris and/or water. I don't think I'd do it again right away, but then I'm lazy. It'll decrease the 'life expectency' of the new grease. On the other hand you'd be doing the same thing you already did if your bike had a zerk fitting, so you should be okay.

You didnt complain about the linkage bolt way up under the swingarm, that's one was a b^^ch to get torqued properly.

long as you have no serious corrosion or dirt and the bearings were free, as far as compatibility with old versues new water proof grease ,I've seen no issue.