Sign in to follow this  

Honda TRX250EX HELP!

didn't know exactly where to post this..but i know that there a lot of smart TT guys that can help with my quad...

I have the 2001 Honda TRX250EX. When I first start it up and ride a round for the 1st 5 minutes it runs great as it warms up, then it stalls. It will start up and idle fine but as soon as I give it some gas it stalls. If I pull the manual choke up and gas it at the same time I can get going but will stall as soon as I stop do to the choke being on.

I drained all the gas from tank and carb. I took carb off and checked floats. Put it back together with fresh gas and it did the same thing.

I assume it has to be something clogged in the carb….it can’t be electrical can it?

need some ideas...........

:banghead::applause:🤣

Well, it sound to me like its starving for gas. This can be caused by a bunch of diffreent things, but as a general rule of thumb whenever these bikes (or quads) start running bad or get hard to start it's a really good idea to start with cleaning the carb and blowing out all of the jets and passages to rule that out.

Give it a good cleaning out and see if that does it for you.

Well, it sound to me like its starving for gas. This can be caused by a bunch of diffreent things, but as a general rule of thumb whenever these bikes (or quads) start running bad or get hard to start it's a really good idea to start with cleaning the carb and blowing out all of the jets and passages to rule that out.

Give it a good cleaning out and see if that does it for you.

i am definitly going to do that this week...but don't know why it would only start doing it when it warms up...it's not like some of the jets are being bypassed when it's cold.... :banghead:

Many engines require the choke to be used when the engine is cold. After they warm up, the choke has to be turned off in order for the engine to run properly.

I would be willing to bet your main jet has a little piece of dirt in it. Take it out and see if you can see thru the little hole, there is probably a little piece of debris in there. Just blow it out and put it back together.

How do you like the quad, im thinking bout gettin a 300, or a 450. When it comes to quads, It's gotta be a honda, just wondering what you think of there sport quads, there utility quads are imo suiperior to most others, they wrote the book on 4-wheelers, and I have yet to see one beat out on the durability, and ability to perform. I've still got an 86 4trx 350 and that baby still runs, and keeps up with all the bigger machines out there on the trails, it comes down to the rider, just gonna be looking to buy another toy. sorry i got off topic.

Nibbs, i got this quad so the wife can ride it. (no clutch) except for the prob. i'm having now it's a great bike and i can ride long wheelies on it.

always buy a honda you can't go wrong

I would be willing to bet your main jet has a little piece of dirt in it. Take it out and see if you can see thru the little hole, there is probably a little piece of debris in there. Just blow it out and put it back together.

THANKS DUDE! :banghead: you hit the nail right on the head.

there was a piece of crap right in the main jet. runs great now.

thanks again.