Sign in to follow this  

Works Connection rad braces and engine gaurds

I just picked up both of these items (happy b-day to me!)...

Anybody have any trouble installing them/tips?

ditto

careful drilling

also, careful where you cut the hose.

other than that just follow the instrutions and everything will go very easy

...drilling the radiator.

That sounds dangerous... Havent opened the packages yet, thanks for the warning.

Piece o' cake.... no prob with the radiator. Just down push on the drill so hard that you shove the bit through and into the core :banghead:

No problem for drilling, radiator is like butter, but first create an invite (with a tool) before drilling so the drilling have a starting point.

Got it together. Hd to redrill one hole and back it up with a washer! My left radiator was bent already and I didnt get it in the right spot before I drilled the first time...

The biggest problem is they look way to shiny, gotta get em dirty asap!

Note: After the petcock relocation it is a PITA to get the tank off... The only option is to SLOWLY remove the petcock with an 8mm wrench.

Normally not a big deal, a pain when trying to re-jet the bike and look at the spark plug!

WC braces have worked great. I have only one fall where any damage would have been done, but they held up fine.

Gregghealy I ride elsinore all the time. I have the Corona graphix on my RMZ450 #793. I' ll keep an eye out for you. Enjoy the new product.

hiya,i use the guards,one thing i found was a rub starting on the tank just above the fuel tap,i pad it with a bit of rubber everytime i check the valves[it chews thru the rubber bit,but it takes awhile].As for removing the tank i use a longer tank to tap fuel line with a hose over that to stop chaffing on the head,now i can get my hand under to take the tube off the tap .hope it helps,urs desertthumper