Sign in to follow this  

TTR90 backfiring thru the carb.

For the last few weeks when I start the kids bike it has started realy hard. Starts and stalls. Have to do this like 15x to keep it running.

Once I get it to stay running by working the throttle and holding it at a higher idle it coughs thru the carb once in a while. Once it warms up this all goes away and it runs / idles good. Just starting cold it does this.

I cleaned the air filter. Cleaned the carb and jets real good with carb cleaner and air. Checked the valve clearances.

Whats the deal? Maybe a valve going bad causing the missfiring. This is an 03 and has the poop rode out of it including a season of MX this year. It may be time for a rebuild. Big bore kit, hot cam, carb, redo valves....Hmmmm

that or you can buy my 2005 ttr 90 off of me for like 900 bucks but all it needs is a new swing arm bolt whih i ordered it like a week ago and or i have an 2005 yzf250 for salf its real fast set up for a pro and has fmf exaust on it ill let it go for 5000 and thats cheap conncidering the 800 dollar exaust and oll the motor work on it