Sign in to follow this  

Bike Prices in California.....

I cant believe what used bikes are going for in California. Used bike prices are just as bad as the housing prices. I looked through the Los Angleles Recycler and some people are asking $3600-3800 for 2000-2002 YZ426's!!! ... I cant believe it... So is this becase of the Green Sticker issue or is it just the market down there for YZ426's?

The green sticker issue is part of it. The 426 is a great bike is part of it. The YZ450 being a four speed is part of it. CRF valve issues is part of it. But remember there's a difference between asking price and reality.

As usual, it seems that everything is more $$ here. I go to Texas and Colorado every year and of course I have to go in all the shopss while I'm there. The selection isn't as big but the prices are almost always lower than California...especially in Colorado where due to the snow, they seem to have a more "defined" riding season. If you go while the snow is on the ground, the prices are really good because everybody is spending their money on snowmobiles and skiing/snowboarding. Also, there are 10X as many quads as dirt bikes....at least in the Durango area.

On the Kawasaki page, I see that guys in Hawaii and Alabama are paying $5300 & $5800 OTD for the 2006 KX250F.....somebody else posted that a dealer here in So Cal wants $7200 *before* taxes & fees!!! That's quite a difference...

I sold my 2002 yz426 that was in mint condition here i texas for 2850 and it took 2 runsin the cycle trader and one in the news paper and here on thumpertalk

check it out

EBAY-YZ426-01.jpg

The green sticker issue is part of it. The 426 is a great bike is part of it. The YZ450 being a four speed is part of it. CRF valve issues is part of it. But remember there's a difference between asking price and reality.

these bikes are actually going for more in cali though bc i sold a 98 yz 400 for 2800 a year ago which would be a ridiculous price in other states that ive seen them in.EVERYTHING is more in cali unfortunately

As usual, it seems that everything is more $$ here. I go to Texas and Colorado every year and of course I have to go in all the shopss while I'm there. The selection isn't as big but the prices are almost always lower than California...especially in Colorado where due to the snow, they seem to have a more "defined" riding season. If you go while the snow is on the ground, the prices are really good because everybody is spending their money on snowmobiles and skiing/snowboarding. Also, there are 10X as many quads as dirt bikes....at least in the Durango area.

On the Kawasaki page, I see that guys in Hawaii and Alabama are paying $5300 & $5800 OTD for the 2006 KX250F.....somebody else posted that a dealer here in So Cal wants $7200 *before* taxes & fees!!! That's quite a difference...

if im not mistaken ive seen 06 kxf 250s in the cycle trader for like 5500 or 5800 otd

Remember that they cost more to buy in CA as well, because we have taxes and registration fees. And yeah the 426 is green sticker, 5 speed, light weight for a trail bike (what most people use them for now) and the don't have valve problems like say a CRF.