Sign in to follow this  

6'3" 260lbs...too big for an XR400?

I was set on a WR 426, but now I'm looking into the XR400 for a trail riding bike up in the Northeast. But I'm wondering if I'm too big. Also, I've been our of dirtbikes for a long time (last one was an 87 RM 125). How come the XR's do not run the inverted forks?

Not too big for a 400. you would probably be able to handle it quite well

Depends on the riding you do. The 400 should be just fine for you though. I do mostly tight and technical and don't look for a lot of high horsepower style riding and I'm on an XR250 at 250lbs. Put the springs in for your weight and have fun!

I'm kinda of the opposite oppinion. At 6'3" you're gonna be too big for practically any dirtbike out there, ergonomics-wise. Meaning the bikes "cockpit" is gonna be cramped for you. I agree it depends on what type riding you're gonna be doing as to what bike to get. But in any case I would not recommend anything less than a 400 for you. Whatever you get, spend the time and money to properly spring it(suspension)for your weight, handlebar risers that move them up and forward. I believe you can even get dropped footpegs. All of this to keep you from feeling like you're riding a minibike.

I get by on a CRF230. I'm 6'/265. It's no rocketship but it's a fun ride and 1/2 the price of a 250-450.

I'm 6'4" and same weight as you. I sprung my bike for my weight, and have adapter to fit protaper bars on my bike. These adapter raised my bar height about 3/4 of an inch, My pro tapers are longer than the stock bars. These items really made it more comfortable for me to ride my bike.

im only 16 and im 6'0 and 242 lbs. and i ride a xr250l with street suspension and the only time that bike bottoms is wen i land evenly. so i have to land on my back wheel. and trails is mostly wat i ride

I used to ride my cousine 86 XR600, too heavy. If the 650 is anything like that. I'm not really interested. But thank you everyone for your suggestions.