Sign in to follow this  

Peeling Tank Graphics?

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had problems with their tank graphics peeling away at the edges & if so, how did you glue them back down & with what???

I only fitted them a year or so ago!

DITTO, every sticker I have applied to the gas tank last about 1 month then it bubbles and peals off. I have been told that it is from the plastic tank breathing. Not for sure if that is the cause, but a buddy of mine has a 1997 XR400R, all the stock graphics are mint except the tank graphics came completely off after about 18 months !!

Yep, same problem. Something to do with the gas. It sucks. Just trim 'em back a little and don't let people look too close. Either that or just stay ahead of 'em and they can't see it anyways! :banghead:

I've been through this many times, the gas makes condinsation and the stickers peal off. The fix is to get after market grafics that have the breathing holes in them, the really work...

the graphics on my xr has like holes like really noticable holes all over. its the pattern of the grapics but its really cool and they have never peel yet. but it might also be becuz i have a metal gas tank.

I have no help in the peeling department - however the cause is that the plastic gas tank (polyproplylene) is not totally impervous to the gas - some migrates thru the plastic - then it either attacks the adhesive on the graphics or sits under the graphics and expands due to temperature and causes the graphis to bubble or both.

:banghead:

Greg

stickers shmickers. You don't need no stickin stickers. Got gas, oil, air in tubes, just go riding LOL :banghead: