Sign in to follow this  

How to measure oil level in front forks?

If my springs arrive, I'm gonna be installing them and new shock oil. I see threads regarding the oil level, but I haven't found how to measure. Meaning, am I measuring from the top of the tube down to the oil? Can someone give me some step by step directions or point me to an archived thread with the info? Do you insert the spring, then fill with oil to some height or fill with oil, then slip in the spring? Stuff like that. Thanks for any help.

The manual leaves a bit to be desired. Was hoping to get some pointers from others that have actually done the job. Fill in the holes left by the manual. When installing the kick kit, the manual was going to lead me down a path to break stuff. Luckily some good folks here filled in the missing data and the kick kit was a success.

Thank you. I have been searching the site. Finally found a post by bronco78 with a good description. I'm probably crazy, but I'm redoing my suspension two days before a big weekend ride. I need it to be right the first time for sure.