Sign in to follow this  

Any one way trails around Portland

The bikes and especially quads coming the other way have got me paranoid :banghead: Does anyone know of a park or some trails within a few hours or so of Portland where we can ride with one way trails?? Paying to ride is not the issue- the experts and quads going b*lls out on the easy trails with my son headed towards them is the issue.

Thanks

Shooter2

Well, there's plenty of tracks that are great around here but it sounds like you are looking for trails. I don't know of any off the top of my head.... The only ones I know of are down in Bend around China Hat.

We were out there at Millican ODOT pit on 9/17-18/05. It was great, lots of open trails were you could see far enough to avoid another rider, but we never saw one on the trails. But a little too far for a day trip. And it is starting to get a little cold for tent camping!! Frost on everything. How about the track at Goldendale??

Thanks

Shooter2

That's a pretty fun track. They run it with a bunch of different configurations. Go here to check it out www.overthebarsgang.com

I'm riding the 24hour Stavation Ridge race this Oct. Should be pretty fun

Jones Creek in Washington just East of Vanc. has 3 loops that are one way. They're about to close though. They're open 6 months out of the year.

Thanks for this one. Any idea how much longer it will be open? I did call the number on the Eddieville Track and the guy was super nice. $20.00 per rider per day. That is cheap compared to a head on with one of them 4 wheeled things :banghead: My son (12) is funny about quads. He thinks they should only be allowed in the sand or wide open areas. I try to explain about land use, their rights and so on :applause: , but he just sees them coming the other way and taking up more than their half of the trail 🤣

Shooter2

Jones Creek in Washington just East of Vanc. has 3 loops that are one way.

Yeah, to bad some riders can't figure that one out :banghead:

Thanks for this one. Any idea how much longer it will be open?

All I could find was last years info it was closed December through May initially. I think they opened a week earlier or something because of the early dry weather.

i would say go to browns camp....but its always crowded with idiots.....so diamond mill or prison camp, which are right next to browns camp....theyre pretty fun

i would say go to browns camp....but its always crowded with idiots.....so diamond mill or prison camp, which are right next to browns camp....theyre pretty fun

You must have no tolerance for quads whipping it up in the dusty parking lot.

You must have no tolerance for quads whipping it up in the dusty parking lot.

Saw one bozo spinning donuts in the Roger's Camp parking area yesterday and found two quads going the WRONG WAY 🤣 on ONE WAY also. We had two beginner level riders in our group that went up it to find the bozos coming down it. The bikes backed down and when the quads came down we pointed out that they were going the wrong way. They didn't know the trail sign was behind them and above their heads so they insisted that they were going the correct direction and we were wrong. :banghead:🤣

Since this pair was actually wearing helmets, we left them to put the DOT and SNELL ratings to the test. :applause:

If you hate quads just go to Diamond Mill, there are no quad trails there. For some reason there are sometimes quads racing up and down the roads but I have never seen one on a trail. I usually only see other riders once or twice at the most in a full day so it's not real likely to hit anyone.

Actually, if you are not near Browns/Rogers camp the odds of a colision are small in the TSF.

Grassy flats is where I get nervous about a head on.

...go to Diamond Mill, there are no quad trails there. For some reason there are sometimes quads racing up and down the roads but I have never seen one on a trail. I usually only see other riders once or twice at the most in a full day so it's not real likely to hit anyone...

Only hitch about Diamond Mill is that trail selection for Shooter2's son is more limited. Not a lot of easy terrain for the beginning rider. Otherwise, it is a great area.