Sign in to follow this  

WR 250 Gas

I get about 45 mpg dual sporting mine and keeping at at low revs--say about 4,000 rpm in 5th just putting on back roads around 30mph.

I can go about 90 to 100 miles on single track and ORV trails, with a bit of road.

I can't ride at the rev limiter very often--too scary! But I can tell you it uses a lot more gas.

I have a large Clarke tank on my WR. I tried a YZ tank on it one time--I ran out of gas. I sold the tank.

It all depends on where and how your ride. You should be able to get at least 80 miles no problem with a lot of hard riding.

on my 04' stock tank. I've never ran it out, but last I checked I was right around 75mi, but that was with semi-hard riding. Cruising thru trails at low revs? who knows? 100mi, maybe.

Edit: also note that jetting will play an important role in mileage. How much? I don't know, I don't have those kinds of facts :banghead:. But no doubt, a properly jetted bike should get far better mileage than one poorly jetted.

If you still have the factory throttle stop in :applause: you might get 300mi to a tank!!! 🤣

Joe

The gas milage is always relative to trail conditions. I have the 2.5 gallon tank on my wr250 (2003). I have run out of gas at 52 miles and went over 90 miles on one tank.

Now that it is broke in and with a 12 tooth front sproket, I can count on 80 miles per tank on an AVERAGE...............that is 32 mpg...

I most always single track trail ride...

PS...at 57 years old after 80 miles I'm glad to load it up............

I get about 50 mpg when riding on a ride that will take me over 100 miles... If the ride is shorter I tend to use more gas per mile cause I know I can last at higher intensity.

If you've got 90 miles to ride between gas stops it can be done on about 2 gallons-

It also depends in wether your bike is running properly. I burn more gas when my jetting's off-

Adam