Sign in to follow this  

Hears one for the books

Did it on this mornings ride, ya I know! that's what I Get for running a redneck skid plate. small root in a deep corner at high speed . It was a hot long push Back to the truck. New cover will be here on Friday,shifter and skid plate from Dual Star next week.

IMG_2912Large.jpg

HOLY F%CK, HEY DO YA THINK YOU COULD BEND BACK THAT SHIFTER BACK :banghead:

MIKE

05DR650 UNCORKED

Not cool man .Not cool. You are lucky you didnt drop it in the driveway and do the same thing (like me, three weeks ago). BTW- you can totally JB weld that and save big money next time. :banghead:

The shift lever on the 2005 DR is soft I can bend it back by hand. I bend it back after almost every ride. but not any more this shifter is headed to the scrap pile. I just talked to my bro he's going to weld up the cover and I'll keep it as a spare. I hope the engine is good I shut down as soon as it happened.

I bend it back after almost every ride.

:banghead: What??????

Install a set of lever protector cables from moose and the levers won't get bent! They are cheap too! I got them and the factory skid plate and be it stumps, blueberry bushes, logs, rocks whatever, no problem.

Mike.

i will be doing a shifter soon as well. not because i turned it into a pretzel, but because they are pretty soft and i would like one that is slightly shorter for a more positive shift as well as something a little beefier that doesn't get bent out of shape with the little abuse i put forth.

Just remember that its cheaper and easier to fix a shifter than to replace the shifter shaft. The shifter is designed to bend. I'd rather bend the shifter than break or bend the shifter shaft. Been there.. done that... :banghead: believe me........

the dualstar is a good call. i think utah sport cycle makes it for them. i have one direct from utah sport cycle and wouldn't ride without it.

checkout the dr650 case guard $30 from perry to save the cover from shifter marks and file the back of the shifter smooth. look in the archives.

take care.

steve

:banghead: What??????

Install a set of lever protector cables from moose and the levers won't get bent! They are cheap too! I got them and the factory skid plate and be it stumps, blueberry bushes, logs, rocks whatever, no problem.

Mike.

yeah...its called a brake snake.