Sign in to follow this  

header wrap

Well I did it, wrapped the ol headpipe wit 1 inch DEI brand (not Ern. Inc.).I know I know, maybe I shouldnt have, but then again, the bike is def. running cooler, and the pipe does cool off faster than before, but alot of people will disagree. I didnt notice any hp gains, but the sound at the tip is more full.And my right leg doesnt get red anymore. I did find that the high temp spray silicone paint stuff sid a really nice job sealing it.mike

dr650 05

fmf exh.

14/47gearing

airbox mod

dynojet 155 main

aggress. tires

k&n filter

I got it at A&A Auto parts But its a local store owned by Joe Amato, but I think its state wide only. Advanced auto has it on sale here for 38.99 for 50ft.for two inch.

Maybe you can check there and see if they have the one inch or order it in, it cost me 10.oo for 15 ft of the one inch. If I had known I would have got the 50 ft. of the two inch and cut it down the middle. Youll need at least 30 ft of the one inch. the 2in 50ft normally runs 44.00 at advanced auto, hope this helps,

mike

it holds the heat inside the exhaust pipe instead of letting said heat radiate out as well as being forced through the system. what happens is, it takes away some of the drag caused by this heat transfer to the exhaust system itself and causes the exhaust to evacuate the system faster.

it holds the heat inside the exhaust pipe instead of letting said heat radiate out as well as being forced through the system. what happens is, it takes away some of the drag caused by this heat transfer to the exhaust system itself and causes the exhaust to evacuate the system faster.

It might be worth it just to keep the legs cooler. I'll have to look into it.

.... If I had known I would have got the 50 ft. of the two inch and cut it down the middle.....

DON"T DO THAT! ! ! ! !

If you look at it the weave reverses at the edges so the side to side thread zig zags back and forth and the turns at the ends hold it all together. If you cut it the new edges will fall apart and the tape will be ruined. Leave it as two inch or buy the one inch but don't cut it. Notice how the ends unravel? Imagine that happening along the whole length!

The stuff I got for my track bike (we had to wrap our headers to reduce noise and switch back to stock mufflers. We had a serious noise issue that threatened to close the track) had a sizing in the weave. This is sort of a sealer that makes the tape feel stiff and boardlike. Soaking it in water made the sizing pliable and the tape wrapped on good and tight then dried with the sizing sort of sealing it together. Think of it as being like wall paper paste on the tape.

it holds the heat inside the exhaust pipe instead of letting said heat radiate out.

I think I'm going to try it on the section that runs by the airbox.

The airfilter gets so darn hot that the grease "sealer" around the lip

melts and runs down into the trap at the bottom..... not to mention the

actual filter oil running off the sponge as well.

Try touching the inside front of the filter box after running for a bit.

I'm sure that if this stuff works, it's got to help? :banghead: