Sign in to follow this  

Proposed travel plan for Little Belt Mtns. MT

I don't know how many of you ride in the Little Belts in MT, but wanted to let you know what the Forest Service is proposing. Basically they want to shut down more land to motorized travel. Here is a link to the proposal.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/lewisclark/projects/index-littlebelts.shtml

If your not familiar with the area the biggest change for summer use is in the NW corner of the map in the Deep Creek area. In the proposal it is restricted to non motorized use. It is currently single track for motorcycles and hikers and horses.

The comment period ends Oct 24,2005. You can send written comments to

Forest Supervisor Leslie W. Thompson

Lewis and Clark National Forest

P.O. Box 869

Great Falls, MT 59403

Emails can be sent to comments-northern-lewisclark@fs.fed.us.

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that we have enough area for the hikers in the Great Bear Wilderness, the Bob Marshall Wilderness, the Scapegoat Wilderness, etc, etc.

Thanks for reading and have fun out there. :banghead:

Thanks yz! :banghead:

Ther are more mettings going on to get info at. They are scheduled in Lewistown, Great Falls, Billings and maybe others. For more info contact Mona at 406-454-9190 or Tom in Billings at 406-652-3942.

Thanks for the info. I love that whole area. I havent ridden the Deep Creek area yet, but I sure as hell would like too. I love that single track system in the Castles. I will shoot out an email asap. I know we are losing tons and tons of single track in the Bitteroots and the Pioneers. We need to voice our opinions to keep our areas open. Thanks for being on the ball.