Sign in to follow this  

Who has a CR125 in Oregon

I've been reading all about this bike and it is very tempting. Is anyone riding one in Oregon, especially in the TSF? I usually ride Diamond Mill or Jordan Creek so I am wondering how one would work for all the hill climbs.

For a 190 pound rider what's needed? I'm thinking that at a minimum: jetting, spark arrestor, o-ring chain, hand guards.

From there I guess I would get a skid plate, taller bars, and heavier springs if needed. Being that this is a budget bike I hope I could get away without a revalve, new pipe, etc. Anything else I would need?

If anyone is ever going for a ride it TSF I would be most grateful if I could get a quick ride one. I'd hate to sell my 250 and find out I am not 125 compatible.

I guess nobody does. Well this tells me I should probably go oarange for the next bike so I am not on my own. To bad since the Husky and Gas Gas both interest me more, but no substitute for the amount of information I can get fast from ktmtalk.

If you want to make the trek north into NW WA (I am 1/2 hr south of the Canadian border), you can try my bike.

If you are riding diamond mill and are in the 190lbs range I don't think that a husky 125 will be efective on the hills. When it is wet then it just will not have the bottom end. I'M 6'3 230 and my 450 needed a little more grunt during the devil's head. you might call bmp huskt in salem bill the owner knows the area and alot about set up and if the 125 would be able to haul you around. I rode orange for 10 years and went back to husky. :banghead:. love being one of a few.

I rode one (04) a lot in the TSF, Diamond Mill, Gifford, Cali, Idaho, WA, OR... etc. Great bike but your right, you need to be setup perfectly for the big hills as there is little bottom end. 85% of the stuff is easier and more fun on the 125 but that last 15% can be trying if your not on your game.

I rode one (04) a lot in the TSF, Diamond Mill, Gifford, Cali, Idaho, WA, OR... etc. Great bike but your right, you need to be setup perfectly for the big hills as there is little bottom end. 85% of the stuff is easier and more fun on the 125 but that last 15% can be trying if your not on your game.

Kelly,

I know that you were one of the biggest proponents of the litle Husky 125, and you had some great suggestions for tuning and modifications.

Why, then, did you sell the bike?

Just curious...