Sign in to follow this  

What not to do when rebuilding (any) engine...(Have a few laughs!)

Alright, so most of you know from my last 4 threads that I'm rebuilding my motor.

Please read all of this before clicking the pictures...It's so much better.

So I'm as organized as any 16 year old could be when building things. I have ALL my bolts lined up, Everything is clean, and my tools are organized.

This is my first motor rebuild as far as a race motor is concerned.

Since I have to wait on my valves being put in, I decided to put my new piston and rings in, and put the cylinder on so the crank wasn't exposed anymore.

Well I get that all done, then disaster strikes!!!

Alright, Ripped apart motor...Put new piston and cylinder on

Image009.jpg

Organized bolts and parts in a nice clean safe drawer

Image005.jpg

Tool box tipping over and $%^& going EVERYWHERE...

Image001.jpg

Image000.jpg

I think I said swear's that aren't even words... :banghead:

Well it's all cleaned up after 4 hours...everythings accounted for and nothings broken. So all I can do is sit back and laugh!!! :applause:🤣🤣

wow i would have just cryed in a corner and kicked more stuff over. that was insane

All i gotta say after seeing that is DAMN!

Btw, what caused the tip-over?

This is no lie..

I had just about every drawer open...put 1...yes 1 screwdriver away, and BAM the *****in thing flipped over!!!

I would of just stood there in shock for a few days...

Guess my anal habbit of closing each drawer when not in use is a good one, bugs my friends when we are both working on our bikes.

Glad everything was found and nothing broke!

I actually bolted my tool boxes to the bottom of my work bench. I did it to keep them from getting ripped off, but now I can see the added value to prevent tip-overs...

ben

Do you see how bad smoking and smoking paraphernalia is for you. If only you had listened to the surgeon general. :banghead: Glad nothing was lost or broke.

I have a different approach that works well if you have the space, I have a workbench to put the big stuff on, a rolling toolbox in the corner to STORE tools, and a rooling cart that has some divisions that I use to hold the tools in use and small parts

the same kinda thing happen to me when putting in my bore kit for my 50

i had everything perfect and then i didn't work on it for a week or two and my mom dumped everything in a big box it sucked