Sign in to follow this  

2nd set of wheels

Whats the cheapest option to get a pair of spare wheels for my DRZ?

I want to be able to have dirt rubber on one set and stree rubber on the other.

No such thing as a cheap option. Used on E-bay (SM) around $700-800 new excels will be $1700.

It would be nice to have a second set but not on my budget.

I just picked up a rear for $110 and a front for $50. Of course the front is for an rm so I can't use the odo whose cable just broke this last weekend :banghead: And the rear has a 19" rim attached to it right now. But for the price :applause:

SHHHH don't mention that GS500 rims can be modified either I'm lookin for a set..... :banghead:

I will be selling mine this winter to fund the purchase of some SM wheels.

make an offer, very flexible. They have new bearings, seals and new trailwings.

If your are able to build up a set, order the hubs, spacers from Ron A and buy good aftermarket rims and spokes, shop around for bearings and rotter's. You will have under 1000 buck invested with stronger rims and spokes.

SHHHH don't mention that GS500 rims can be modified either I'm lookin for a set.....🤣

I know of 6 sets local to me to choose from :applause:

Gonna pick up some and get 'em goin this fall :banghead:

IF you do a search you can find out. Basically, new bearings, spacers, some disk work (not quite sure on that), shave the cush drive. I have some access to a machine shop so it didn't sound to formidable. There is a good post on it (https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172875&highlight=gs500) the bloke is your side o the pond. I think the white rims are sweet.

If he had a spacer kit for GS 500 rims I would buy one in a flash. Why reinvent the wheel. Hmmmmmm maybe......... If I proto'ed one this winter..... I think I got me a project