Sign in to follow this  

Anyone bumped up compression with wiseco piston?

Has anyone bumped up their compression with a wiseco piston to 11:1 from a ttr 125, if so is it worth it? :banghead:

this is a mod i plan to do this spring. anyone have some pics/info or tips on it? any clearance problems with stock valves/cam?

If you are going to increase compression with a piston swap, why not use a BBR one that comes with 11.5 comp. and will fit no problem and run on supreme pump gas? This way you won't have to worry about clearance issues and such. Be advised, if your trying to turn 125cc's into a monster motor raising compression alone will not cut it. If your on a budget or want to keep things mild, I understand but if your out for mini ripper check out www.loganbuilt.com

cant afford a 150 kit, im a newb(well put), and i just want a little more (mild)vroom till im street legal and can afford some more uumph. besides, a piston (stock bore) is like 79 bucks on ebay free shipping. I run supreme regardless. doesnt cost anything more, and its a dbike, so it doesnt use much. a tank practically lasts me 8 hrs wraggin it. stock currently tho. as i said, money vs power gain..is it worth it? any clearance issues w/ motor being all stock? socalxr you said you tried it... were you re-jetted, exhst, intake? let us know!

Anyone know the top of pin to piston deck height and top of pin to dome height on the ttr125 pistons?

Have you done all the free mods mentioned here:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441214

I haven't messed with the internals yet (still breaking the bike in), but if you do all the free mods, you'll notice major improvements.

As mentioned above, higher compression is only one thing in the grand scheme of getting more power. I get seduced into going farther each time I work on motors: To put in the piston, you have to pull the head. If you pull the head, might as well put a bigger cam in. And get a valve job. And why not put in a big bore kit while you're in there. In the end, I'm left with a new HC piston that makes a great ashtray.