Sign in to follow this  

QUALITY ALERT - BBR Exhaust for CRF150!!!

Today I received my new BBR exhaust system for my CRF150F from CRFsOnly. As you can imagine - I was pretty excited to get it.

So let me tell you about this. BBR shrink wraps the pipe and muffler against cardboard in two pieces. I used scissors to carefully cut around the edges, and then peeled the plastic away from the pipe..... Uh, about 10-15% of the chromed finish of ceramic coating stayed ON THE PLASTIC. The plastic was adhered to the pipe. I was especially careful removing it from the tail section. Didn't matter. The plastic was completely stuck to the pipe and on one section of the pipe the "chrome" finish came off completely.

So here you have a $300 pipe ($285 + 20 shipping) that was screwed up by shrinkwrapping hot, adhesive plastic to it.

So I'm sitting here looking at this trying to decide do I go ahead and use it, with the realization that that "chrome" coating was probably going to come off anyway (and look even worse), or do I box this stuff back up and send it back to CRFsOnly. As eager as i am to get the performance of an aftermarket exhaust, I am leaning toward the latter. I'm contacting CRFsOnly and BBR tomorrow and I will come back here and tell you guys how they make this right.

Send it back to CRFsOnly, do not install it. The coating should not come off no matter how bad the plasic is stuck. I have a BBR pipe on my 230 and on my kid's TTR125, both over two years old still look good, no peeling.

Yup, I was just sitting here looking at it and it looks pretty bad. It's going back. What a hassle, not to mention a disappointment. Thanks.

OK, FOLKS - Do I have CRFsOnly.com send me another one of these, and maybe go through this ALL OVER AGAIN? Or do I get a refund or have them send me a Big Gun EVO or a White Brothers R4? (those are my options there)

I am not very excited about the idea of giving BBR another chance after this experience, but I know some people have not had this quality problem...

screw em, they lost my fork springs/didn't know where they were (no tracking #)

never buy from them again.

This morning I talked to a guy at CRFsOnly and they are doing everything humanly possible to recover from this - shipping me a replacement - overnight - from a distributor near me. He says that this appears to be rare situation as other customers have not had this problem, so I am going to go ahead and try a replacement of the BBR pipe and see what happens. So the jury is still out for me on BBR, but so far I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED with CRFsOnly.com. This guy was in the office at 6:30am and was already working on this!!!

Good to hear CRFsOnly is stepping up to the plate. Sounds like your pipe wasnt completely clean before the ceramic was applied, maybe not dry when the pipe was packaged. Hopefully you have all the packaging, that might help them figure out what went wrong.

I am having an issues with a BBR swingarm, and BBR will stand behind its products, my new swingarm is scheduled to ship 10/5, they were out of stock.

No one's perfect, but with customer service so bad these days, it sure is nice to hear of a couple companies taking good care of problems.

Robert

yea thats weird that didnt happen to me i love my BBR pipe from the second i took it out of the box theres something up with the pipe that you recieved

dude just take out the baffle from the stock exuast and the snorkel in the airbox rejet it and you'll pretty much have the same performance except a 2 pound weight difference mabey even better performace for like 15bucks instead of 300

dude just take out the baffle from the stock exuast and the snorkel in the airbox rejet it and you'll pretty much have the same performance except a 2 pound weight difference mabey even better performace for like 15bucks instead of 300

I agree stock is preety good without the baffle. I bought the bbr exhaust it was nice, but a mistake.

ya i'm on a tight budget trying to save up for a real dirtbike like a 250f or a 450

ya i'm on a tight budget trying to save up for a real dirtbike like a 250f or a 450

What are you riding now a moped. :banghead:

I'm pretty much committed to the BBR pipe now that they're sending me ANOTHER one - assuming it is OK. I've had the baffle out and do agree it made a difference. I started to wonder if the real reason these aftermarket pipes look better on the dyno is not the pipe but the fact that the bike with the aftermarket pipe is REJETTED and opened up (air box) and being compared to the stock pipe with stock jetting and restricted air box. I dunno. But hey, I'm shaving off 2 pounds at $150 a pound :banghead: and it LOOKS COOL :applause:

BTW, the BBR pipe came with a 110 main jet.

GOT THE SECOND PIPE that CRFsOnly shipped overnight to me.

SAME PROBLEM. The silver surface came off on the plastic. In this condition, the pipe looks like it is 3 years old and weathered right out of the packaging. Needless to say, this is not going on my bike.

So now I have two defective BBR pipes here that will be going back.

CRFsOnly did everything they could. Excellent service from them. The BBR product, two of them, were a total disappointment.

I may just get my money back. CRFsOnly is willing to do whatever I want to do. Good retailer but a terrible product experience. What more can I say.

i do almost all of my business with www.denniskirk.com they help me all the time, have a good selection and i ordered the wrong size tube and tire, they shipped me the right sizes for nothing at all!

dennis kirk RRRROOOOCCCKKKKSSSS🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣:banghead::applause:

What are you riding now a moped. :banghead:

actually i just sold it and my go peds

Sounds like a BBR problem. I have had nothing but excellent customer service from CRFSONLY.com. They have been a joy to work with. You might try another brand of pipe...I steered clear based upon cost and plating problems.

Try ordering direct from BBR, sounds like these things have been sitting on the shelf for a while. Mcdrz, the price of a BBR from crfsonly is right there with the big gun, price has nothing to do with it.

Listen to me. screw bbr. screw all aftermarket pipes for that bike. Take out baffle, take out snorkle, rejet. DONE.