oil burning

I have a 04 yz 450. I change the oil about every 2 rides, when I change the oil, the oil is burnt. MY riding buddies say they can smell burnt oil when they are behind me, however my bike does not smoke. I suspected my clutch plates, so I replaced the friction plates,steel plates and springs. I rode last weekend and after one ride my oil is burnt again. I have been using bel-ray 20-50 semi synthetic, and I change my oil filter every 3 rides. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
My bike doesnt lose any oil.If it does it has to be very little.

Go start your bike, let it warm up, and then put you nose down by the left foot peg. I bet your just smelling the blow by out of the crankcase vent. Total normal, my 426 does this too.

642MX believe it or not I have already done this several times.It's only when I'm really riding hard and the bike gets hot that I notice the smell.If i'm cruising around with my boy I dont notice the smell.

The harder you run the motor the more blow by they put out. Mine even drips oil on the bike stand after a hard ride. Its not hurting it, its normal, and they all do it. :applause: