Sign in to follow this  

Green stickers for 2003s: fact or fiction?

Went to the local honda dealer today looking at bikes for my growing kids. I mentioned I want a green sticker bike because my 2003 wr250f was a red. The honda guy said that is changing. Within the last 90 days there has been talk of loosening up on the trail-type bike and allowing more dual-sporting in California. He said the closed course race bikes will stay red. I think this guy was the owner of the shop, so maybe he knows something. Keep your fingers crossed someone is actually considering reforming this idiotic laws....Anyone else heard anything like this? I love my wr.

hear lots of rumors about reforms to the red sticker thing, but they never happen. Were you at All American? Those guys will say anything to sell a bike. They have a TWMX bike of the year sticker on a 2004 RMZ 250 and we all know that bike has yet to win a shootout. I'd wait the 90 days or whatever just to see if it actually happens. i know it sucks because I have a 2003 125sx and the 2002's are green sticker just because of the year.

Yea, All American....he seemed to know what he was talking about. We were talking about kids and switching bikes as they grow. He said he never bought new bikes for his kids....so it didn't seem like he was trying to make a sale with me.....Anyway...I'm probibly dreaming....

Fact...for me in S.J. Ca. :banghead:

I re-newed my 2003 yz450f in June and received a green sticker from the DMV.

Fiction....2003 YZ250F brand new red sticker.

It originally had a green but when i renewed it this year they gave me a red. DMV messed up the first time around

There was just an article on the Dirt Rider site about the DMV incorectly giving Green stickers to some 2003 Wr and YZf owners. It went on to say that if the inspector at the entrance to the park notices this, he will take the green sticker and send it in to the DMV as an error.

http://dirtrider.com/features/141_0508_letter_02/

FICTION!!!!!!!!!! All 2002 and older bikes includes 2-smokes are Green Stickered, that's why I ride a 2002 YZ250F. 2003 and newer motocross bikes all get Red Stickers except for the Honda "X" models and the 2005 WRs which are both Green Sticker legal. Some lucky guys got Green Stickers when they renewed their 2003 and newer Red Sticker OHV registration, DMV is aware of their mistake and rangers will confiscate all Green Stickers displayed on 2003 and newer bikes and notify DMV.

I thought a 2005 WR 250 was red sticker and a 2005 WR 450 was green...or vise versa? :banghead:

The bottom line is - If the ranger spots a "3" or "C" on the eighth digit of your vin. # of your 2003 the Green will be pulled and corrected with that new shiny Red sticker. I don't think your going to see legitimate Green sticker 03's. At Hungry Vally they don't even look at the sticker, they go strait for the Vin. # on the frame.

:banghead:

Yamaha is advertising the 06 WR 250 as a green sticker bike.

Sorry - Thought we were talking about race bikes! :banghead: