Sign in to follow this  

Fuel screw popped out.....

The Kientech Extended Fuel Screw I had in my carb popped out while riding. Found the screw, spring and o-ring sitting in the engine. No washer though.

I hope I can find a washer that fits at Ace.

Why would this happen? (Assuming I didn't turn the screw out too far.)

(need to get this thread on 1st page)

Why🤣

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you did not unscrew it to far, then it can only be vibration.

My extended fuel screw never moved, even when 4 turns out.

If it continues to be a problem, I would drill it and wire it.

Neil. :banghead::applause:🤣

Maybe try stretching the spring a little to put some additional tension on the threads and prevent it turning out?

Mike -

I put two O-Rings on mine to add a little more pressure and keep it from backing out.

Thanks guys! By the way, I found the washer on the garage floor this morning.

I probably turned the damn thing out way too far.....

I had the same thing happen, except I did not find the screw and it was only 3.5 turns out. It was my second ride with the 3X3 and full Yosh and re-jet. The first ride I got a flat tire. I don't know if I will ever get to ride this thing! But it ran real strong until it fell out. Just placed my order for another assembly.

Is this a common problem with the extended screw?

People here didn't seem to think much of the idea. But I safeguarded my pilot screw with large shrink tubing slipped up over the screw and boss. At this point it can still be adjusted because while it grabs the knurling on the screw well, it still will turn on the boss. Because I don't seem to need to adjust it I then put a dab of RTV on the tubing/boss junction and it's bulletproof. FWIW

Well, the fuel screw is back in. Rode about 30 miles tonight. Checked it about 100 times mid-ride. Still there.

Bike runs much better with fuel screw in place!

I had the same thing happen, except I did not find the screw and it was only 3.5 turns out. It was my second ride with the 3X3 and full Yosh and re-jet. The first ride I got a flat tire. I don't know if I will ever get to ride this thing! But it ran real strong until it fell out. Just placed my order for another assembly.

Is this a common problem with the extended screw?

It doesn't seem to be a common problem, but it does happen. The weight of the extended screw coupled with the vibration can cause it to fall out. It's more likely if the screw is turned way out, trying to compensate for the wrong PJ.

The Kientech Extended Fuel Screw I had in my carb popped out while riding. Found the screw, spring and o-ring sitting in the engine. No washer though.

I hope I can find a washer that fits at Ace.

Why would this happen? (Assuming I didn't turn the screw out too far.)

happened to me twice, will have to read up on this problem to see what can be done to fix this.

Yes. I Put The Original Screw Back In And Tightened It All The Way. The Bikes Runs Ok If You Know How To Work The Throttle.