Sign in to follow this  

Lorretta Lynn's Fun Ride

I'm riding Friday and Saturday. 🤣 Past experience tells me that my a$$ will be wore out by banquet time. :applause: Gonna shoot a loop of helmet cam footage if the weather cooperates and I can keep her up righted. :banghead:

What exactly is the Lorretta Lynn's Fun Ride. Is it like a hare scramble, mx, or just trail riding? I just got back into the dirt this spring and am looking to venture out of KY for more variety. I've heard about events at Lorretta Lynn's but have no idea what it's like. I mainly ride trails and have ridden in one hare scramble--man was I slow but I sure had fun.

Well my trip to Asia has been pushed back to November so maybe if our peak season has slowed down I'll make it. Be interested in that helmet cam footage AD. Wouldn't get getting some helmet cam footage from the saddle of the WR but alas there may not be time to get one. Actually there is some rain before hand I am tried of spitting up dust for 3 days after I ride.

Well, I tore my Achilles at a race at Mt. Eagle. and had surgery around Aug 23. I'm walking and regaining strength but I don't know about the 21st. That's alfull soon. I hate to miss, my wife says Hell no! My buddys say Hell Yeah! I think I'm just gonna go and be the cook, cleaner etc. and all that fun stuff. Heck night life is half the fun ain't it!

I'm riding Friday and Saturday. 🤣 Past experience tells me that my a$$ will be wore out by banquet time. :applause: Gonna shoot a loop of helmet cam footage if the weather cooperates and I can keep her up righted. :banghead:

I would pay for a copy!

Deuce, the ride is a 20 mile loop, mostly quad width, some single track side loops for the bikes. I've been 3 times, very well organized ride, great trails, little of every thing. Pay the fare, 50$ a day, ride as much as you can between the ride meeting and trail closing, 4:00 I think. Probably around 1000 riders. AWESOME :banghead: Well worth the drive.

I will also be trying out the new helmet cam. I know I will hit the ground, always do. Will be good to see what I missed while driving. :applause:

All the info: www.southernwoodsrider.com

Deuce, the ride is a 20 mile loop, mostly quad width, some single track side loops for the bikes. I've been 3 times, very well organized ride, great trails, little of every thing. Pay the fare, 50$ a day, ride as much as you can between the ride meeting and trail closing, 4:00 I think. Probably around 1000 riders. AWESOME :banghead: Well worth the drive.

I will also be trying out the new helmet cam. I know I will hit the ground, always do. Will be good to see what I missed while driving. :applause:

All the info: www.southernwoodsrider.com

I'm planning on going. Its my first time there. 1000 riders seems like alot, are the trails crowded? I figured that they would have more than one loop to ride on. And also it was my understanding that the $50 registration fee was good for all three days of riding. Maybe I'm confused, but it still sounds like a good time.

I'm planning on going. Its my first time there. 1000 riders seems like alot, are the trails crowded? I figured that they would have more than one loop to ride on. And also it was my understanding that the $50 registration fee was good for all three days of riding. Maybe I'm confused, but it still sounds like a good time.

They usually have about 500-600 riders per day. They have beginner and intermediate trails along with the main long loop. The main trail is 18-20 miles long with a few single track trails running off of it for bikes only and the intermediate trail is 4-5 miles long. The main trail is not to crowded once you get into the woods a little ways. The $50 is good for all 3 days. It is a great time.

If ya'll want to try and get together and we can find somewhere to meet. I always tell whoever I'm with if they are faster don't bother waiting on me or if they are slower I'm not waiting on them. The trails stay busy enough that I feel comfortable riding by myself at my own pace. I'm not paying $50 to sit around and wait on somebody and don't expect anybody to wait on me.

If ya'll want to try and get together and we can find somewhere to meet. I always tell whoever I'm with if they are faster don't bother waiting on me or if they are slower I'm not waiting on them. The trails stay busy enough that I feel comfortable riding by myself at my own pace. I'm not paying $50 to sit around and wait on somebody and don't expect anybody to wait on me.

Sounds good. Maybe we can all meet up and have a few cold beverages after the days ride. I'm taking my fiancee, shes rides pretty good, but I don't expect anybody to wait on us either. Were both excited about going, I hope the weather is good.

Flying in on friday, flying out on sunday hopefully.....

How's it going in Nevada? Are you going to LL's?

T, are going to make the 8:30 riders meeting? I know work conflicted in the past. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

T, are going to make the 8:30 riders meeting? I know work conflicted in the past. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

No I don't think I'll be able to make the early meeting. If something changes I'll let you know.

T,

Looks like you been kickin a$$ in the MX series your in :banghead: . When you catch me in the woods at LL, don't gas it when you come over my back :banghead: . I'll be riding with Drew, '02 426, white Toyota Tundra, open 8' drop gate trailer, MS tags.

I get the congestion question a lot. You guys have covered it well. Here is my normal repsonse.

The main trail is not crowded and just doesn’t have the congestion. It is open from 9:00 to 3:00 and you ride at your own pace. Unlike a race, not everyone takes off at the same time nor do they ride all day long. Also out of that 1000 riders there are couple hundred or so kids and wife’s that stay on the beginner loop and the novice loop. With a directional trail and riders spread out over 20-miles you just don’t see that many on the trail. You will come up on slower riders and be passed by faster ones. Most are courteous and move over at an opportune time.

Each day the trail is turn a different direction so it feels like your riding a different trail. There is also multiple bike only sections that spit the trail which helps with the congestion.

Yes, the fee covers all three days of riding. Camping is extra and if you choose to stay in a hotel there is free day parking in the day parking area.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Tom - SWR

T,

Looks like you been kickin a$$ in the MX series your in :banghead: . When you catch me in the woods at LL, don't gas it when you come over my back 🤣 . I'll be riding with Drew, '02 426, white Toyota Tundra, open 8' drop gate trailer, MS tags.

Yeah, the points look good but for some reason the top 2 or 3 guys stopped showing up for the races. That's ok I'll take it however I can get it. :banghead: I'll be looking for you and Drew. I haven't been riding in a month or more so I'm going to be ready to ride buy the time LL's rolls around. I was wanting to go to Pontotoc but the kids and myself have been sick.