Sign in to follow this  

thinking about racing my quad

Hi everyone. I've been watching my husband race his WR450F. I thought it would be fun to race my suz 250 sport quad. any suggestions for a newbie. also need to tires what's good..

my suggestion would be to get a bike and race that. quads are dangerous enough for just riding around. plus there's way more races for bikes (at least the places i've been, norcal and nevada). in the heat of the moment, if you get all excited and highside a quad, bad bad stuff happens.

are you interested in racing mx? or more harescrambles or enduro type stuff? if you have gp's in your area, those are good. not sure where in oregon you are, but if you're in the north, they do good races at eddieville and starvation ridge. the courses are fairly open, not technically demanding, but still fun.

if you're smallish, make your hubby buy you a kx100 and go have fun. if you're bigger/taller, a wr250 or similar would be a good choice..

mw

my suggestion would be to get a bike and race that. quads are dangerous enough for just riding around. plus there's way more races for bikes (at least the places i've been, norcal and nevada). in the heat of the moment, if you get all excited and highside a quad, bad bad stuff happens.

are you interested in racing mx? or more harescrambles or enduro type stuff? if you have gp's in your area, those are good. not sure where in oregon you are, but if you're in the north, they do good races at eddieville and starvation ridge. the courses are fairly open, not technically demanding, but still fun.

if you're smallish, make your hubby buy you a kx100 and go have fun. if you're bigger/taller, a wr250 or similar would be a good choice..

mw

I race Bikes and Quads. and I would say that I've hurt myself more on my race bikes than my race quads.

It doesn't matter what you race as long as you do.

As for suggestions for racing quads - look into getting some better shocks before anything else. You'll be able to go faster in all conditions with dailed in suspension. As for tires Maxis, Kenda , and ITP all make great race tires.

Good luck!!