Sign in to follow this  

KX-450f impression

Thanks for the first real ride report! I already have my 06 250F and I am just waiting for my 450F to arrive. Best looking bike there is, and it would appear that it will be just as competative as the rest of the fofiddys.

I've got the 05 CRF450 sitting right next to my 06 KX250F, and the winner is.......Green. Though I admit I like the way the CRF rear fender finish off clean and high, give the impression that there more space under the fender.

Still, you gotta see the black and green up close, with that aluminum frame...dang!

Yea, I have seen the two together as well. My friend just bought a 06 KXF250. It is a sweet looking bike for sure, especially with the new frame, I just like the sleek look to the Honda a little better, the way the shrouds are designed, etc. But green has done a good job with these bikes. I really like Kawi, use to own one so I want them to do well :banghead:

Thats awesome. I cant wait for this thing to come out and challenge the motocross community. and i'd like to see if kawi puts that motor in a quad. I like how kawi has beein going full steam across the motorsports board in streetbikes, motocross and atvs. i was siked to hear they were putting tommy hayden on a zx-10r for 2006 superbike!

As for bubba, i dont know. If he can't win on a factory kx250, i dont see why a factory kx450f would do him better, if at all. I think its all mental, he just can't handle loosing. its all phycological, unless his real phycological error is beleiving everyone is winnig cuz their on 4-strokes and he's not. In that case, maybe it will help him feel better.

As for bubba, i dont know. If he can't win on a factory kx250, i dont see why a factory kx450f would do him better, if at all. I think its all mental, he just can't handle loosing. its all phycological, unless his real phycological error is beleiving everyone is winnig cuz their on 4-strokes and he's not. In that case, maybe it will help him feel better.

Did you watch the Unadilla and Red bud nationals? You can see him getting pulled by Ricky's and K-Dub's bikes up all the hilly sections of the track. You can't ride a 250 two sroke any faster than Bubba did this year in the nationals IMO. Next year will be very interesting.

If memory serves me Ricky was spanking everyone on the Honda 2-stroke, and that bike was less than stellar.

He one SX on a RM250 and you could see he was struggling with that bike all season.

Bubba needs to suck it up and finish some motos even if he is not up front. A chamion never quits...NEVER! Pick your ass up, dust it off, and ride until the checker.

Next year will be a big year for this kid, let's see whay he is made of.

I can wait till the shootout now, I am in a decision making process at this time. I had a kx 250 and really liked it so I guess well will have to see! Boy is it hard to make the right choice. The Kawasaki contingency is the best by far, and it is making me think.

Transworld has videos of the KX450F in action. Thing pulls hard and it was still really loamy in a lot of sections. Thing rips!

I've seen the bike raced for the last couple of months in the GP's MX1 class, It definitely hold it's own on the track, As far as bubba winning just because he is on one is such a loud of crap :banghead: As soon as he isn't winning he starts to play the "oh i'm lite headed" card.... Or uses the take out move on ricky to get rid of him... What a jerk...

That TWM video sold me. Damnit I have so much honda stuff. I will wait for a first hand ride. Unless impulse takes over in the showroom.

In the TWM review I just saw, kawasaki claims that the bike dosent need a 5th gear.. this is very true for an mx track I know.. but does this mean that the gear ratio is kind of like the crf450 just without the 5th gear or is it more like the yamaha?

In the TWM review I just saw, kawasaki claims that the bike dosent need a 5th gear.. this is very true for an mx track I know.. but does this mean that the gear ratio is kind of like the crf450 just without the 5th gear or is it more like the yamaha?

The Honda rev limiter comes on real soon. you should be able to hold the gear a lot longer on the Kawi. Havent ridden teh Yamaha....