Fuel tank covers

The one i saw on ebay was alot like a seat cover, some kind of strechy fabric. I think it is still listed, just search xr tank cover. I would figure it would be pretty cheap for a company to sell these, and it seems everyone wants to change the color of bikes but not shell out money for new tanks. I keep looking but still cant find a manufacturer.

I couldn't find the one where you said it would be but I found this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR400-96-98-White-Tank-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35589QQitemZ2489549889QQrdZ1 The package it was in said it was made by CEET technologies. I hate having a white tank. The stickers fell off, and where my knees rub on the tank it looks terd brown.

sorry to butt in but we in singapore lace our stock tanks w/synthetic/faux leather which is waterproof if we cannot cough out $$$ for an acerbis or clarke

colours come in black/white/grey/red etc.

downside is that we'll have to leave the tank in a cut-throat shop that does it.

costs in singapore dollars S$100.00+ i think (not too sure as i got mine used & laced)

some are innovative enough to go to a furniture scrapyard to cut out pieces of sofa fabric large enough for the application.glue like Dunlop etc applies easily too

hope this helps

cheers

des

Well my tank is definitely beat up so i am not worried about scratching it. I would not even care about the color but i use it to ride to work, and would not mind it looking a little nicer. In fact if i had a cover i would most likely take it off when trailriding.

Just curious, do you have a pick of any of these leather laced tanks? I would love to see one.