Sign in to follow this  

Shoei - 06 VFX-DT Helmet?

Morning,

It is time for a new helmet now. I am thinking of a 06 Shoei VFX-DT Preston Replica (red). I know the price is deep, but does anybody recommend them? Or anyone with a Fonseca lid? Is the price justified?

Or should I look elsewhere, TLD?

Many thanks,

Nicholas

Well I can say I've had my henry replica for about 4 years now and it has been my favorite helmet by far!!!Yea they are pricey but so is head trauma!!! :banghead:

I've heard some good reviews of the new Shoei helmet, but nothing good enough to justify paying out the butt for a helmet. The first batch of helmets had some minor fitment issues that were later corrected, so now they are fine. I think I would look elsewhere, as their VFX-R helmets have set the standard for the rest of the industry.

I have a V-Moto that I'm happy with. I'd buy another one w/o thinking twice. 1 thing that stands out so far is how durable the finish is. I ride off-road and race harescrambles and enduros and I've whacked some low hanging branches pretty freakin hard, yet it still looks almost brand new. The few scratches that are there could be buffed out if I cared enough to try.