Sign in to follow this  

Motard Thread

I did a search of this forum and didn't find much info. There has to be some guys here who run a motard setup on there pitbike?

I'll start, I've had a couple previous 110's and I just bought my 3rd from ebay:

2005 KLX 110

Mod list includes:

BBR pipe

pro taper SE bars

cycra stealth handguards

2 bros over the top brake pedal

2 bros folding shifter

K&N airfilter

RK chain

Magura hydraulic full manual clutch

4th gear shift drum

blue plastics

Excel rims

12" front wheel

pirelli SL26 motard tires

I plan on getting some white plastics and a different graphic kit. A 143cc bore kit and maybe something with the suspension. Post up pics/info of what you're running. I'm looking for suspension tips for street use. I'll most likely do aggressive springs in front and maybe switch to a heavier rear spring too. One thing I don't want to do is alter the ride height.

Here's a couple pics:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24972

attachment.php?attachmentid=24973

Motard is just getting bigger and bigger. Wew are working on getting some races going in our area.

Yeah, i motard my import.

10/10 wheels with Michelin S1's.

So far the donk is pretty much stock, but have a big list of parts arriving in a couple of weeks.

9-05b.jpg

9-05.jpg

the only problem with running stock ride height is that the footpegs touchdown way too soon. I just raced a GP with ALOT of street sections with the new 2bros swingarm and tall shock and a Marzocchi front end. The handling was excellent on the street. Plus I had more room fin the gorund to knee to handlebar area. In fact I was (have to go test riding in Iowa now....) slated to race the Reno Supermoto race this weekend with the same set up plus supermoto wheels.

Call two bros they know what's up!

Good luck!

Hi we race motard in South Africa and will be posting pics we race thumpstars 110 and 125 and they are awesome ,whole season and no problems.Motard on pitbikes is gettig huge over here.