Sign in to follow this  

good valves?

i was wondering what all you guys with good valves have done... matnace wise, I've got 160 miles and this week im picking up a oil filter, oil (gn4, and tranny oil anything else???

I run Mobil 1 15/50 engine side and Honda HP gear oil in the trans. Twin Air filters, Pro-Seal gasket and PC filter skins.

I have 104 hrs and rebuilt it at 63hrs with new intake springs and reused the OEM valves which were still good. I did have the seats recut at the time.

Even after drowning the bike in dirty pond water right after I rebuilt it, the valves are still in spec.

I change my oil every event or 6 trail hours which ever is less. I run Motuls in the engine and Honda HP in the trans. I use stock air filters with filter skins and clean the air filter the same time the oil gets changed(unless super dusty at an event and I will pull the filter skin off if it is getting plugged). I also run vent hose filters. I am closing in on 60 hours with no valve adjustment. My right valve has actually gone from .004 to .005 in the last 10 hours, go figure.

I run the Honda GN4 in both sides, use stock airfilters with NoToil, and have installed the radio control engine fuel line filters as vent tube filters. I change the oil every 200 miles or less, change the airfilter depending on riding conditions (if it looks dirty I change it; sometimes I'm in the front of the pack or it rained the night before and it's still very clean). I checked the valves at about the point where you are and found one intake had gone to 0.004; reshimmed to 0.005 and they've all been fine ever since. I've checked them every other ride since then.