Sign in to follow this  

sub-contracted helmets

Do you think sub-contracted helmets (fox, Troy Lee, thor, etc) are in the same quality standards as a real helmet manufactuor (Shoi, Arai, Bell).

All the top helmets cost 300+++, At this level they all have great paint, but is the actual construction of the helmet trust worthy on a helmet that is subcontracted to a company we never heard of.

I like the Fox helmet, but I'm nervous, my head seems to have some importance!

wel they are all DOT approved helmets for motorcycle riding, so i would say yes, they are fine. pro riders use those helmets too and i doubt somebody would sponsor a professional with a sub-par helmet

the Fox (KBC made) is a very good helmet. I have a pro pilot RC replica in use now, and a brand new one i got on ebay (for 90 bucks) "on deck" for when the one im wearing now is roached.

Many helmets out there are good quality lids. Just like golf clubs(Ping, Taylor Made, Nike, etc.), big name helmets like Shoei, Arai, Fox, etc., will command much higher prices, mostly because of the high cost of advertising them. I just bought a good brand of golf irons that are just as good as the afore mentioned clubs, but for less than hale the cost, being that they do not advertise near as much.

Check out the replica helmets compared to the same lid that has no graphics or generic-type graphics. The prices are way higher than the standard helmet because of the racers name involved.

So yeah, look around for some good helmets. You'll find them in the $150-200 range that are every bit as good as the expensive spread. If they are DOT AND Snell 2000+ rated, they are good lids.

YMMV

:banghead:

I gave my Thor helmet the ultimate test and it passed with flying colors. So i went and got another one. I have the Thor Force helmet....its comfy, durrable, stylish, and DOT and SNELL approved. Best helmet i have ever put on my melon.