Sign in to follow this  

modifications

Those white Rad side scoops and "DR" decals are cool.

Factory for the UK in 2000?

does the edelbrock work ok? Never heard reports of them except that they are hard to set up initially.

I don't know who said they were hard to set up, but they are so wrong.

I fitted the carb in about 1 hour, went for a ride.

Came home fitted the richer needle (supplied) which took about 15 minutes, and went for a 10 mile ride I stopped 3 times to tweak the mixture (a bit richer) which takes less than 2 minutes to do and requires no tools or disassembly. Result a big increase in power and response all across the rev range, and it continues to make good power far past the point that the Mikuni BSR with D/J kit had started to fall off. All in all, I am very impressed.

Neil.

:banghead::applause:🤣

Congrats Neil,

You made the right decision :banghead:

Noppy

P.S. I had 43.5 Dynotjet HP (DIN) on the wheel with just that mod!

I also have the richer needle in with the 3 x 3.

How did you notice it was running lean?

Do you still have a stock exhaust? I still do.

Any dyno runs yet?

Noppy

I fitted the richer needle as it would not rev out in 4th, and I only had 4 clicks left before full rich.

With the richer needle it revs out in 4th and the clicker is in the middle of the range. And no, no Dyno runs planned at the moment.

A full dyno set-up over here is about the same price as an inlet Hot-Cam.

I have an FMF P/Bomb header and a Leo Vince titanium can/link pipe.

Neil. :banghead::applause:🤣

that sounds like a good alternative to the fcr. My next big$ mod will be a carb. The choices seems to be fcr, edelbrock, cvk40 mikuni. I wonder if there are any others out there (tmx, fuel injection, delorto, quicksilver...)?

that sounds like a good alternative to the fcr. My next big$ mod will be a carb. The choices seems to be fcr, edelbrock, cvk40 mikuni. I wonder if there are any others out there (tmx, fuel injection, delorto, quicksilver...)?

The CVK40 is a keihin carb ...

And the QuickSilver is the 'old' Edelbrock, used to be mounted on some KTM's (heresaying: an awfull carb). So the QuickSilver factory was acquired by Edelbrock and they came up with a new design.

I spoke with one of the helpdesk people, right after mounting it, and they asked me to stay away from Dynobanks, but tune on gas response, revving etc out there in the dirt.

I feel the need coming for a Dirtjet instead of a Dynojet; a special testbank where we can test instant wheelies, good mileage and good acceleration in all circumstances, below or high above sealevel.

Noppy :banghead:

I feel the need coming for a Dirtjet instead of a Dynojet; a special testbank where we can test instant wheelies, good mileage and good acceleration in all circumstances, below or high above sealevel.

Noppy :applause:

Noppy, When you have finished developing this DirtJet give me a call and I'll pop over to see you.

I feel much the same way about Dyno's, the numbers just give you bragging right's down the pub.

I f a bike is running good and strong at all times, and has no flat spots or stumbles it is good enough.

If it feels right, it is right. The numbers are not important, you won't enjoy it any more, just because you have a number.

By the way, now do you get high above sea level in Holland ??

Neil.

:banghead:🤣🤣

Driving on dirt dumps :banghead:

No, seriously, I'm preparing my bike for a trip through Maroc and in the trip there is a chain of mountains, where it is cold and snowy.

To my knowledge there are two types of persons visiting here, the ones looking for a Buck knife and the ones looking for a Swiss army knife. We are the latter ones.

However, there also exists a 3rd kind, the ones who don't like cutting...

Noppy

Hmmm, how common a swap is that? Got a spare one in the garage! (R.E. CVK40mm Keihin) :banghead:

Do a search ... There is about a dozen out there running that I know of. half of which is in my group. The rest are scattered across North America. They snap into the stock boots, and require very little modification. They are altitude compensating and are easy to jet.