Sign in to follow this  

2006 crf450x delivery date?

Anyone know when I can expect an 06. Dealer told me two weeks about three weeks ago and I am getting impatient. :banghead:

thanks

Dan

Anyone know when I can expect an 06. Dealer told me two weeks about three weeks ago and I am getting impatient. :banghead:

thanks

Dan

If your talking with Jermey at Pro-Cycle you better make sure he tells you the right bike is in, he tried to tell me my X was in last year. Come to find out he was talking about the R, I about drove 5 hours for nothing. :applause:

I work at Everett Powersports in Everett Washington, and we have got a few of the 06 model crf450x's in stock already. Though I am uncertain as to wether we will actually sell them yet or not? My sales department here may want to sell off the remaining 05 models first, so we don't end up with a surpluss of new old model bikes. I don't know if it means anything to you or not, but there wasn't any changes made to the crf450x for the new model year. However the crf450r model has had some changes. So you can get an 05 model for cheeper than an 06 (likely) and it will be the same bike. But anyway you may be running into the same thing where you are. Your dealer may have new 06 model bikes and they just aren't selling them to you yet?

I know he is telling me the truth about not having it, because I tried to buy an 05, and they did not have one to sell me. I finally received a call this afternoon and he said it would be in next week.

As far as them getting the r and x models mixed up, I guess I will have to see when I get there. I can not be any clearer with him about what I want. So if I show up there and he has the wrong bike it will turn into his loss of a sale.

Congrats on the new bike!

Sounds like your buying from Pro Cycle?

If so, be prepared for the hidden fees. I bought a 250x there last year...Asked the salesman mulitple times for the OTD price...He insisted that $5499 was the price.

When it came time to pay...I was off to the "Finance Manager" to settle up. That's when they get ya..."Ok the price of the bike is $5499 + $199 freight + doc fee + $150 set up fee....."

They ended up waving the fees after I argued with them for 15 minutes...Big pain in the but.

The excellent prices lured me into the store...but the poor service will keep me away (plus you have to pay sales tax if you live in MO ~$500).

I hope your experience is much better.

there wasn't any changes made to the crf450x for the new model year. However the crf450r model has had some changes. So you can get an 05 model for cheeper than an 06 (likely) and it will be the same bike. But anyway you may be running into the same thing where you are. Your dealer may have new 06 model bikes and they just aren't selling them to you yet?

How come the Honda website says that the rake is differant check it out.

.03 more rake with 2" more trail

Use the compare button

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/off-road/model.asp?ModelName=CRF450X&ModelYear=2006&ModelId=CRF450X6

I took a look at the page you are refering to and you are right there is a very minor diference between the two, but is it anything anyone would have ever noticed without seeing it down on spec. I doubt it. I mean the trail is .1'' shorter on the 05, but the wheel base is .1'' longer on the 05 so ?

another forum on tt says the frame is different. something about accommodation a different head with different valves.

I also heard new valves (i.e. head) and new engine position (i.e. frame). Someone out there in the know?

I was made aware of the changes in the engine possition in the R model, but was told the X remains the same. I will check it out and get back to you.

- Later