Sign in to follow this  

Ready Filters

yes but they are pretty much a one time use filter because when you try to clean them they come apart at the seems.

Dirtrider talked about them in the latest article and said you can reuse them 3 times at the most and then they start falling apart.

ive used them alot in the past...they are too thin and dirt gets through to easily, they also arent really "ready" you still need to grease the ring around the filter to seal it better...i think no toil has been the best filter ive used so far

no need for grease as long as you mount the filter correctly and oil it properly

If you get Ready Filters only use them once. On the third time I used mine it "broke down" and let a heap of sand through into the engine (I was racing on a sand track in the rain). The filter cost me new valves etc

im on my 2nd one no problems so far, i only use them once, like they advertise id rather pay the 10 bucks.

I pay $20 each for the No Toil air filters. Two of them will last me a year riding at least once a week and cleaning them after every ride. At that rate the Ready Filters would cost me $520 per year to use them. I think I'll just stick with the way I've been doing it.

I bought 3 of someone from the forum for super cheap. I put 3 or 4 solid rides in on a dusty sand track and decided to change it. I took my airbox off and looked in the opening going to the carb and the carb itself and there was no evidence that it let anything threw, so im happy with them so far. After I use these up im planning on buy the twin air kit for my bike.

-stephen

yeah i usually do about 5 rides per filter, it seems to be no different in performance than my uni. so i guess 10 bucks every month aint bad. id rather pay that than clean and oil a filter, but that is just me. after reading the artical in MXA there dont seem to be much difference.