Sign in to follow this  

Pics

Where you from gitira5? Im in Pa also and just wondering if we could ever hook up and ride :banghead:

dang brother you beat me to it :applause:

Hey guys, I'm from notheast Pa, just north of Wilkes-Barre in Trucksville. Thanks for the reply, I'm just getting back on the bike after many years off.

I'm still trying to get used to the weight of this thing off road, coming off of Yammy yz's and tt's. I'm really happy with this bike though, but it definately needs the susp. mods, and that should finish it up. That would be great if we could hook up, thanx'

Mike

Yeah, the rear is , the front is the dunlop that I put on with the dunlop rear when I first bought the bike. I like the tkc80, its very quiet on the road, corners well, and is wearing very good. The dunlop rear hooked up a little better in the dirt, but this tire's not bad. Still running the cr10ek's you suggested, ther definately is a difference, and the plugs are looking good.

Thanks for the reply,

Mike

FREEZE!!! I'm hijacking this thread! Nobody moves and nobody gets hurt :applause:

PA010016.jpg

sorry i just had to show off my new taillight :banghead:

Looks much cleaner.

Yeah, those plugs are working well for me too, they seem to be much smoother running than the 9 range plugs in single prong.

Since we're showing 'em off, here's mine. Still a work in progress and more to come.

DR650SE_03.JPG

Trailtech_computer.JPG

I've got a set of Dunlop Trailmax sitting in the shed for the longer road trips but I do need a bigger tank and a bash plate. Like your set up vash.

The front signals on my bike, brianwheelies, are from my Ducati Monster. I figured they looked like the items on KTM's etc so I did some soldering and re-wiring and they look good. I have some smaller arrow items on the Monster which don't suit the DR.

I have a set of Supermoto wheels in the post too so when I get them I'll post a picture or two. Thanks for your positive comments.

Bing,

How was the install of the Endurance computer? I've seen them sold for the drz400 on the internet. Look like a cool tool.

Thanks

Aaron

Goes on pretty easy. I would like a better vibration damper for the mount though. I think I might modify it a bit on that point. Otherwise easy.

bing, who are you getting your supermoto wheels from, and how much? including discs and all?

I bought some DR650 hubs from a bike shop in Qld (Allbikes) and they arranged to have the hubs laced into rims. All up including tyres was AUD$1870. (I had the front hub laced into the standard DR rear rim and the rear hub into a new 17 rear rim)

This means they are not as wide as the latest rims but it was the cheaper option.