Sign in to follow this  

mrmoto - N7SLC - Live to Ride...help

Any of you guys around? Kind of last minute decision to ride Hobble Creek Saturday. I printed the FS maps & it looks like there is no way to get from Kirkman Hollow up into Strawberry (Water Canyons) without riding on pavement? I'm seeing #12 to #13 & then I hit a paved road.

Can you guys lead me, guide me or even walk beside me & help me find the way???? I'm pretty familiar with 1-6 water canyons from Strawberry Ridge, don't have a clue from the bottom? Is Diamond Fork a better option?

The map is wrong, that is not paved, it's actually 4WD road, not even in that great of shape. I only ride on it until Sawmill canyon. The bottom of Sawmill canyon is paved, but I've never been hassled riding it up to access trail 009. I just rode that yesterday and Sawmill was crazy MUDDY and i almost got stranded there since I was alone and it was very slick mud that I couldn't even stand on..... If Sawmill is even the slightest bit wet, don't go down it, there is an uphill that you won't make if it's bad...

Hope that helps.

N7SLC, Wakin and I and maybe a couple of others will possibly be heading up to Hobble Creek to ride on Saturday and apparently you are as well along with a couple of others. I'm not real sure what time we'll be up there, we are still trying to put it all together. What is a cell number that we might be able to get a hold of you with if we did make it and wanted to meet up? We are not real familiar with the area, if we didn't meet up with you guys or got there too late which trails to you recommend or suggest to be the most fun?

You gonna meet us there?

Dan, I thought you guys were doing Stansbury?

I'll be away from the computer for most of today but leave a msg here or on my cell 801-361-6372 & let me know what time.

YROC - I wondered if you were around, last time I saw you, you flew by me up AF. DIdn't even see you in the parking lot! That ride turned into a fiasco but it was still fun. Thanks for the heads up. Not feeling the need to slide off a mountain!

Dan, I thought you guys were doing Stansbury?

I'll be away from the computer for most of today but leave a msg here or on my cell 801-361-6372 & let me know what time.

YROC - I wondered if you were around, last time I saw you, you flew by me up AF. DIdn't even see you in the parking lot! That ride turned into a fiasco but it was still fun. Thanks for the heads up. Not feeling the need to slide off a mountain!

We rode Stansbury today and it was fun.

We'll be at Kirkham? Hollow in the morning around 9am.