Sign in to follow this  

2006 CRF250R Suspension Issue

Dad blew me away and traded my '04 for an '06. He had it hid in the building for me when I got home from school. I plan on racing Saturday and wanted some advise on the suspension set-up. I weigh about 130lbs. and race the schoolboy class. I will be on a clay track and hope no rain. We checked the race sag and believe it is close enough at 98.5mm. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You have to break in the suspension before you can set it up the way you like...Brand new everything is stiff....

If you are 130lbs and not really really fast I would back the compression clickers fully out (fully soft). And you do need to break in that suspension, or it will be even stiffer.

I don't think you are supposed to play with the clickers, or any of the suspension for that matter, until it has been broken in for 1 hour.

I beleive that came from the manual, is it true or what ? :banghead:

Give your dad and big hug and tell him you love him. I have an 04 too, and I really want an 06. I bought my 04, but my dad cant afford to put in the extra money for the 06. Money's kinda tight right now. I havent made a stink about it, because it sucks and i know my dads under alot of stress. Hopefully I can get it like feb/march of next year.

I havent made a stink about it, because it sucks and i know my dads under alot of stress. Hopefully I can get it like feb/march of next year.

Good for you Dark. Many young people today seem to be born with this strange sense of entitlement. Your appreciation and awareness (and concern) for your fathers stress level is admirable. The 2006 or 2007 250 gods see and remember that :banghead:

My parents could afford all my bikes but I paid for all of them. Working for them (farm) but still :banghead: I'm looking up for a 2007, not sooner if I don't win lottery. :applause:

Good for you Dark. Many young people today seem to be born with this strange sense of entitlement. Your appreciation and awareness (and concern) for your fathers stress level is admirable. The 2006 or 2007 250 gods see and remember that :banghead:

So true... :applause:

Give your dad and big hug and tell him you love him. I have an 04 too, and I really want an 06. I bought my 04, but my dad cant afford to put in the extra money for the 06. Money's kinda tight right now. I havent made a stink about it, because it sucks and i know my dads under alot of stress. Hopefully I can get it like feb/march of next year.

sounds like a good kid. good to be born in this country and ride period. :banghead:

enough with the warm fuzzy dad stuff, back to suspension-- i weigh in at 145lbs. sent all my stuff off to Factory Connection. their comment was that Honda oversprung all the CRF250Rs. unless youre 160-180lbs or railing like RC... get lighter weight springs. you cant do that before the weekend- so soften up the dampening to help what you have work.

my $.02

and race the schoolboy class.

i dont know where you race but i know the schoolboy class at lorettas and all the amatuer nationals is 2-stoke only