Is it just me or is Dirt Rider...

Is it just me or is Dirt Rider the official cheerleading squad for Honda. I also have a theory that they pick the best bike depending on who is going to win races that season. How can the KX250 be near the bottom of the barrel for multiple years then jump to 'Best Bike' the next year? Is it because Bubba is going to race it? What happened to the "perfect" 250 2-stroke engine in the '02-'03 yamahas?

What is everybody elses opinion?

And don't get me started on Transworld Moto(suzuki)cross? Is that subliminal enough for ya?

I agree there is total bias in moto mags. You haft to remember that the mags have 2 sets of customers, the reader and the advertiser. With the quality of bikes so high, it would not suprise me to compare 'shootout' winners with large ad purchases. I don't know that this IS happening, I just suspect it.

I think it is a lot better (more objective) since Jimmy Lewis took over. At least we see more articles on bikes outside the big 5. I was getting tired of the endless, "which pipe is the best for the CRF", "which suspension is the best for the CRF" tests. I fully expected to see a "which grips are best on a CRF" test. Now at least we see test on Husabergs, Gas-Gas, Betas and Shercos.

I think it is a lot better (more objective) since Jimmy Lewis took over. At least we see more articles on bikes outside the big 5. I was getting tired of the endless, "which pipe is the best for the CRF", "which suspension is the best for the CRF" tests. I fully expected to see a "which grips are best on a CRF" test. Now at least we see test on Husabergs, Gas-Gas, Betas and Shercos.

It would better if they didn't test the unpopular bikes at all, there ignorant comments don't help those companies anyways. Let the Big 5 sheep drool over those biased tests.

941mxvet - You haft to remember that the mags have 2 sets of customers, the reader and the advertiser.

I have to agree with this. It would be economic suicide to give a bad review of a bike manufactorer that is keeping you in business.

They should have a raffel, pick 10-15 riders of various skill levels, let them ride and race each bike for a week or so, then let them post the results in a magazine that has nothing to loose!

Honda makes one great bike. The CRF 450R. Its the best in class-handsdown.

Other than that they dont have anything special. Some middle weights like the 450X and the 250---both out powered, overweight, and unreliable against the blue, orange and yellow/blue bikes.

SO why oh god why is every 3rd magazine about that freakin CRF450R? &%$#@!!!!!!

When was the last time you saw Husqvarna on the cover? They make INCREDIBLE bikes full of innovative stuff...

yeah i agree its all a big circle jerk. Obviously JL doesnt sit around waiting for the secret honda money to arrive....but i do think Honda and ALL the mags have a double standard....

Im still waiting for any magazine with the article about the CRF250X valve problems! They ripped Yamaha for the woodriff key issus, KTM for the bad TI valves and Suzuki for the water pump case---why does Honda get away with it?